PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

What no campaign? When did that come out?
How does the Gran Turismo's campaign work?

Six gaming experiences present themselves when you sit on Gran Turismo Sport's main hub screen. Sport is first, further evidence to Yamauchi's mindset. Then we have Campaign, Arcade, Brand Central, Lobby and Scapes. In the Campaign mode, there are four sub-modes to select from: Driving School, Mission Challenge, Circuit Experience and Racing Etiquette.

Within each of these sub-modes, players are presented with a ridiculous number of objectives to complete that fit under those aforementioned themes. When I say ridiculous, it's well into the hundreds. As you complete these objectives, ideally achieving a Gold ranking, you unlock more cars for use across the experience. Getting the Gold is where being an expert comes into play, but for beginners, handy tutorial videos, which appear to be streamed directly from YouTube, explain the lessons being learned in this challenge.

Driving School

This is all about learning racing techniques and how elements like tyre grip and vehicle balance must be controlled. You'll do things like power in and out of the apex of a corner without veering off the road.

Mission Challenge

This is the largest of the sub modes. Here, you will apply what you learned in the Driving School to real-world situations. This could be making a certain number of overtakes, beating a time trial, staying ahead of opponents, knocking over cones and even competing in Gymkhana events.

Circuit Experience

This focuses on individual tracks, using reference videos to help you master the circuits sector-by-sector. Braking points and apexes become clearly marked and you learn how to deal with changes in camber and overtaking zones.

Racing Etiquette

This mode was inactive during my play session, but given that the Sport mode's matchmaking and player rankings are impacted by your Sportsmanship Rating, I think it is clear what kind of experience you will find here.

Yes, Gran Turismo Sport has a career mode and this is how it works | finder.com.au

Dr. Pezus

Holy fudge. Mgsv in psplus

darkknightkryta

So Gravity Rush is shutting down their servers?  What was the online component?  And should I open up my copy and start playing it?

Tachikoma

Sep 29, 2017, 05:28 AM Last Edit: Sep 29, 2017, 05:32 AM by Tachikoma
Hate to say it but a certain user on VGC is literally my spirit animal.

As for Gravity Rush servers, what the f@#k man.

DerNebel

Hate to say it but a certain user on VGC is literally my spirit animal.

As for Gravity Rush servers, what the f@#k man.
And who would that user be?

Tachikoma

And who would that user be?
Where's the fun in telling you that!

the-pi-guy

*Opens VGC*
*Clicks thread*
Eek.  Well I know who isn't the spirit animal.  
*Closes VGC thread for all time*

Some things are better off not knowing I think.  

darkknightkryta

So I started Gravity Rush 2.  The online stuff are picture related.  So some side quests require you to find treasures.  Those treasures will have pictures from people who found them.  So they'll take a picture after they find it (I did a few too).  It gives you hints.  You can also like other people's pictures and that'll give you Dusty coins.  No clue what the coins are for yet.  Overall I'm disappointed with Sony and the gaming community.  The game's so dang good, yet it overall has less support from Sony than the first game.  I'm disappointed with the gaming community cause Gravity Rush 2 was so much better than everything released in 2016.

Kerotan

We're going to need a bigger boat. I don't think it's going to score very well. They've chopped out the best bits and added things that we don't care about. They could maybe get away with it if they gave us GT7 last year but people have been waiting years for this. I'm expecting a metacritic in the 70s.
I always looked at GT Sport as a glorified,  bulked up prologue so they could charge full price.  I expect GT7 out in 2019. Anyway pre ordered it digital.

@tachi what kind of animal?

Yes MGSV is a megaton on ps plus.  

Also got my first 30 kill steak on cod4 today.  31 kills actually.  Delighted.

Xevross

I've been playing the battlefront 2 beta the last few days, and I'm extremely disappointed. The best feature of the first game was that it was super fun to play, while I just get bored/ frustrated playing this. They seem to have fixed a lot of what they needed to, with all the extra content, but for me they've ruined the core gameplay. Such a shame

Legend

I've been playing the battlefront 2 beta the last few days, and I'm extremely disappointed. The best feature of the first game was that it was super fun to play, while I just get bored/ frustrated playing this. They seem to have fixed a lot of what they needed to, with all the extra content, but for me they've ruined the core gameplay. Such a shame
Are you still getting as many kills with it and it's still not fun even when you win?

That's not good.

Xevross

Are you still getting as many kills with it and it's still not fun even when you win?

That's not good.
It doesn't really feel fun when you win. Winning or losing, doing well or not its just boring. Starfighter assault is great fun though, they've nailed the ship combat at least.

Legend

It doesn't really feel fun when you win. Winning or losing, doing well or not its just boring. Starfighter assault is great fun though, they've nailed the ship combat at least.
So for the third they just need to paste the ships onto the first game ;D

Kerotan

All my friends who had complaints with the first absolutely love the second judging from the beta. I loved the first but won't be playing the beta so can't comment.

Legend

Paris games week is three weeks away! Will it be good?

Go Up