Bioware patching ME, mostly glitches and balance changes

Started by Legend, Mar 30, 2017, 02:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Legend

Raven

EA has done some shaming things, but using them as the excuse every time one of their studios fudge up is absurd. There are people insisting that Andromeda did so poorly compared to the trilogy because "EA rushed them, as usual". The fudge? Five years on a single player game is not a rush job. Open world or not. Bioware was given ample time. They released Mass Effect 2 and 3 within 5 years of the first game. This is the best they could do in the same amount of time with Andromeda? EA didn't rush shame.

BananaKing

BananaKing

today is the day. hopefully they announce something good, and not some battleship small update or something.

Raven

today is the day. hopefully they announce something good, and not some battleship small update or something.
They're going to make the game super awesome. All you have to do is buy the upcoming season pass for $50! What's in the season pass? Oh, they're not going to tell you until less than a month before the first DLC. But, it's not a good idea to wait. Because only the people who buy the season pass now will get access to the super exciting patch that might address something of the 5-year ball they dropped.

BasilZero

Watch them announce a patch....it comes out and makes it worse instead.

Legend

Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.05 Notes (and article on upcoming changes) - NeoGAF

Statement:https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-...d?sf53509845=1
Hi everyone, It's been two weeks since the launch of Mass Effectâ„¢: Andromeda and we're thankful to the millions of you who have already joined us on this journey. And though the game is now in your hands, it's really just the beginning. Since launch, our team has been poring over your comments and feedback, looking to discover what you like about the game, as well as areas we can evolve or improve. This Thursday, we'll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we've heard you ask for, such as: Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map Increasing the inventory limits Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants Improving localized voice over lip sync Fixing Ryder's movements when running in a zig zag pattern Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer Over the next two months we'll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game: More options and variety in the character creator Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we're looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free. For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we're going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We'll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation. This is just a taste of what's in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you'd like to see changed. We're listening, and we're committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together. Here's to a great journey, Aaryn

So happy to hear about m/m stuff! Patch notes:http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/m...ch-1-05-notes/
In the new patch (1.05) for Mass Effect: Andromeda, our focus was on bug fixes and improvements to the player experience. We've introduced a number of balance changes to single player and multiplayer, and resolved some issues with saves not working properly. We've also improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, and have implemented a much-requested change that allows players to skip the autopilot sequences in the galaxy map. We'll continue to listen to your feedback, and we thank you for working with us to create an even better Mass Effect: Andromeda experience. Patch 1.05 Notes Improved tutorial placement Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes) Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO Fixed various collision issues Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn't play or wasn't correct Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn't firing on UNCs Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose Fixes issues related to some saves Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer Streaming and stability improvements

Full notes at the link. Thanks to smoolio for posting, just doing the "new news new thread" thing.

ethomaz

Xevross

Some nice sounding changes there. I'll have a look at the state of the game when my summer holiday starts and think about buying it then.

nnodley

Ok.

Good or meh?
Sounds like a good start.   I'm super happy about being able to skip ahead when traveling around planets in different systems.  Now I can go through quicker and get all the resources some planets give you.  It took a little too long to get around to different planets.  If they improve the dead eyes and improve some animations then I'm even happier.  I might hold off playing anymore till this patch.

Some nice sounding changes there. I'll have a look at the state of the game when my summer holiday starts and think about buying it then.
Agreed.  It can never be too late to make fixes and make the game better even though it should have never released that bad to begin with.  Sounds like they know they iced up and want to make up for it.

darkknightkryta

nnodley

Based off gaf the eye shader is vastly improved.