Digital Homicide Files lawsuit against Jim Sterling

Started by DD_Bwest, Mar 16, 2016, 06:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

DD_Bwest

Yup, they actually went there..   If you havent heard about this Saga, Its a pretty funny story if you watch the videos jim has up.  They have made a large number of terrible steam games, with some very shady tactics, including using content claims on youtube to try and get the videos jim made about the games pulled. its been going on for a while now, and DH decided they would file suit...   This will be interesting to watch.. lol

Digital Homicide News

Legend

I see where they're coming from. Not cool for them to get offline harassment.

DD_Bwest

I see where they're coming from. Not cool for them to get offline harassment.
yea but can jim be held responsible for internet mobs?  he didnt tell anyone to do anything, he just criticized the company and games and never said anything lawsuit worthy.   this will just bring more trouble for them

Legend

yea but can jim be held responsible for internet mobs?  he didnt tell anyone to do anything, he just criticized the company and games and never said anything lawsuit worthy.   this will just bring more trouble for them
Yeah I think he could be responsible to some degree. As far as I know he hasn't made any public comments against harrasing the devs.

Inciting violence is illigal so a lawyer could argue this is a similar case.

DD_Bwest

Yeah I think he could be responsible to some degree. As far as I know he hasn't made any public comments against harrasing the devs.

Inciting violence is illigal so a lawyer could argue this is a similar case.
i vaguely remember him saying a few times that he was against the online harassment and had no control over what they did. . ill have to go back and listen a second time.

apparently it was filed without a lawyer and for 10 million lol this will be fun to follow

Legend

DD_Bwest

its a pretty good sumary,   but he just brushes over the 90 minute interview.. so much was said it was amazing.   DH's smoking gun that sterling was getting a group together to harass them was a less then 60 second audio clip of him jokingly saying at the beginning of an unrelated video that he was trying to grow evil mutant underlings to do his bidding and destroy public infrastructure lol   or when they tried to connect him to some journalist who had the same last name lol

DD_Bwest

Well its been a while.. and its now officially over.   As to a settlement agreement, everything is dismissed and romine cant file anything against jim anymore.  with jim agreeing not to go after him for court fees lol  or thats my impression

A Statement Regarding Romine v. Stanton's Dismissal With Prejudice - The Jimquisition

ethomaz

Feb 22, 2017, 07:30 PM Last Edit: Feb 22, 2017, 07:32 PM by ethomaz
The lawsuit was ridiculous to begin...

I don't like to call people but this guy was ridiculous.

Xevross

Good guy Jim Sterling. Glad they got nothing from him

DD_Bwest

Oh man i cant wait for that lol

the-pi-guy

Aura7541

Oh man, 38 glorious minutes? *grabs popcorn*

DD_Bwest

haha i forgot about today lol totally slept in.. dang imma enjoy this

ethomaz