Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Nah, views here don't count onto the site views for some reason. Can't quite figure that part out.
hmmm they should, shouldn't they?

Xbro

Precisely why I can't figure it out. I might as well explain the bug from my understanding so it can be fixed in 2.0

Basically, if a thread is in live view it constantly refreshes. On it's own, this does nothing to the view count. However, if two tabs of live view are open, the view counter starts going up.

I don't know the system that well, but from what I understand, it assumes that there should only be one live view open, and therefore the other tab is a regular tab. Since the other tab is refreshing, the view count goes up. Not sure why the view count doesn't go up on the actual site though.

I was using this thread to test out the bug, and left it going overnight. So boom, 50K views.
3 people like this

Legend

True thread views are, just not ones created from Xbro's glitch.

Precisely why I can't figure it out. I might as well explain the bug from my understanding so it can be fixed in 2.0

Basically, if a thread is in live view it constantly refreshes. On it's own, this does nothing to the view count. However, if two tabs of live view are open, the view counter starts going up.

I don't know the system that well, but from what I understand, it assumes that there should only be one live view open, and therefore the other tab is a regular tab. Since the other tab is refreshing, the view count goes up. Not sure why the view count doesn't go up on the actual site though.

I was using this thread to test out the bug, and left it going overnight. So boom, 50K views.

The thread view count only registers unique views, not page refreshes. With live view it's refreshing 120 times a minute but the page view count doesn't change because of this.

However with two pages open in live view, the system thinks you are rapidly switching between both pages. Your history shows you were last in a different thread, so it adds 1 to the view count.

The reason the website views doesn't increase is because that stat doesn't care about what you're doing, just if it's a new view.

In 2.0 I've yet to decide how to handle page views in live view. If you're in live view it should count for something right? Thinking I'll do one view a minute or something like that. Currently it's set to one view every packet sent, which is about 700 a minute. Haha 2.0 has more page views in a day than we get in a year.

Xbro

True thread views are, just not ones created from Xbro's glitch.

The thread view count only registers unique views, not page refreshes. With live view it's refreshing 120 times a minute but the page view count doesn't change because of this.

However with two pages open in live view, the system thinks you are rapidly switching between both pages. Your history shows you were last in a different thread, so it adds 1 to the view count.

The reason the website views doesn't increase is because that stat doesn't care about what you're doing, just if it's a new view.

In 2.0 I've yet to decide how to handle page views in live view. If you're in live view it should count for something right? Thinking I'll do one view a minute or something like that. Currently it's set to one view every packet sent, which is about 700 a minute. Haha 2.0 has more page views in a day than we get in a year.

Good to know how it works. Need to use it as much as I can before it goes away.
3 people like this

Legend

Good to know how it works. Need to use it as much as I can before it goes away.

Make this thread the forum's most viewed!

Cute Pikachu

I think its a good sign they hired Doug(especially since he was Vp of communications at EA)
hopefully that means better ads.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xbro

Make this thread the forum's most viewed!

Was planning to make it the second most viewed. Most viewed is impossible considering I always have live view of the counting thread open anyway.
3 people like this

darkknightkryta

Is hiring anyone from EA a good idea?

Xbro

Hey man, the guy's name is Bowser, what else do you need?
3 people like this

darkknightkryta

Hey man, the guy's name is Bowser, what else do you need?

Him to cosplay to work as Bowser every day.

BasilZero

Probably a bad idea but hopefully and ironically will lead to a better network infrastructure (l0l).

Dr. Pezus

BasilZero

Mmm_fish_tacos

Looks like they'll have to scale a lot back just for 720 60 on wii u.

Cute Pikachu

Shame
Oh and
YSO Predictions
150k>Splatoon
Wiiu: 15-20k
So it'll be like Pikmin and do a third of MK8 but have similar impact.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Go Up