Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

Apparently Japan is getting two versions of Fire Emblem, but in the NA direct, they seemed to imply that it was combined. Perhaps that is one of the reasons we are getting it late.

I am glad. I dont want to end up buying two different versions.

DerNebel

So what was you guys' opinion on the SMTxFE trailer?

Mmm_fish_tacos

DerNebel

I'll rewatch the trailer on my TV once I home before passing off my final judgement and possibly going on a full on rant but suffice to say that at this point I really dislike the trailer.

Xbro

So what was you guys' opinion on the SMTxFE trailer?

I loved it. It wasn't what I expected at first, but after watching it again I'm hyped. The reaction is about half and half across the board though. Half the people love it, Half the people are disappointed because it's not what they expected.
3 people like this

Cute Pikachu

I like it not being just another fire emblem game
plus it gives wii u its own persona :)
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xbro

I like it not being just another fire emblem game
plus it gives wii u its own persona :)

It's not really going to be like Persona unless that main character is going to be like the Persona Protagonists.
3 people like this

Mmm_fish_tacos

Who here collects amiibos ?

Xbro

Who here collects amiibos ?

I try to avoid it, but I'm definitely getting Lucina and Samus/Zelda.
3 people like this

DerNebel

I should probably preface this with saying that I still think that this game is probably going to be great, that being said I found this trailer pretty dang bad, or to be more precise I find some of the design decisions they made very disappointing.

Atlus games are always Anime and there's always some fanservice in them but this just takes it completely over the top, the song is utter forgettable garbage in my opinion that could easily be put in almost every action Anime opening ever and I completely hate how filled with two natural pines this whole game apparently is, it is just ridiculous even the "battle armor" as overdesigned as it is, is cut in a way to give all the chicks some nice cleavage.

Gameplay looks fine, enemy designs are great but the points I mention above just ruin the trailer for me, who ever concipated that trailer must think that all people that like those games must be huge anime nerds that obviously have to like annoying Jpop and anime bosom, which kinda pisses me off.

But maybe I've just been spoiled by the greatness that is the Persona 5 trailer, that trailer just oozes with style, charme and freaking confidence, 3 things that I have a lot of trouble finding in the SMTXFE trailer.

Phew really had to get that out.

Dr. Pezus

I should probably preface this with saying that I still think that this game is probably going to be great, that being said I found this trailer pretty dang bad, or to be more precise I find some of the design decisions they made very disappointing.

Atlus games are always Anime and there's always some fanservice in them but this just takes it completely over the top, the song is utter forgettable garbage in my opinion that could easily be put in almost every action Anime opening ever and I completely hate how filled with two natural pines this whole game apparently is, it is just ridiculous even the "battle armor" as overdesigned as it is, is cut in a way to give all the chicks some nice cleavage.

Gameplay looks fine, enemy designs are great but the points I mention above just ruin the trailer for me, who ever concipated that trailer must think that all people that like those games must be huge anime nerds that obviously have to like annoying Jpop and anime bosom, which kinda pisses me off.

But maybe I've just been spoiled by the greatness that is the Persona 5 trailer, that trailer just oozes with style, charme and freaking confidence, 3 things that I have a lot of trouble finding in the SMTXFE trailer.

Yeah I just have to laugh at those saying this trailer was better than the P5 trailer. That trailer was pure naughtiness[AF]

I have an EpiPen. My friend gave it to me as he was dying. It seemed very important to him that I have it.[/AF]GagoGago6

the-pi-guy

I have an EpiPen. My friend gave it to me as he was dying. It seemed very important to him that I have it.

Oh goodness.  [AF]

Go ahead, prove me wrong. You can't.[/AF]GagoGago14

Dr. Pezus

Oh goodness. 

Go ahead, prove me wrong. You can't.
You're wrong. Q.E.D.

lol that joke. It's especially funny because I'm a med student

Xbro

It was pretty obvious that this was a trailer aimed at a certain audience, rather than the broad audience. Chances are we weren't meant to see that, but NoA wanted to make sure we knew it was coming west.

For now, yes I did like the trailer, but I feel that we haven't seen anything yet.
3 people like this

Xbro

As far as comparing the trailer to P5, I don't really think they are comparable.

P5 was aiming to be more stylish, while this one was aiming to be more flashy.
3 people like this

Go Up