Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xbro

Splatoon looks like an indie title that all the nintendo fans make fun of the ps4 for having but are excited for it. Also looks like it would get old fast(er than titanfall. Yes, I went there) and if it's multiplayer then in a few days/weeks it will be hard to find matches.

I've never heard Nintendo fans making fun of PS for indies. They have the same amount of indies on the Wii u so it would be hypocritical.
3 people like this

BasilZero

but do you make fun of indiestation4?

No ;o....

I dont care if indies come to PS4. Getting content even if they are a indie title is fine because thats bragging rights for saying "Oh we have more games on this system" - which is a selling point for people. Having more games on your system is a good selling point alongside the pricing.

The same for Nintendo, Microsoft and PC.

(That also goes for Ports too)

Xbro

I disagree (especially with Metroid for SNES but that is another discussion :P - due to the existence of the NDS Zeldas - I really really did not enjoy mainly because of their choice of control. The fact that they made 2 Zelda games play with touchscreen controls was a really bad idea. I can deal somewhat with motion controls but touchscreen.....really?

Oh I wasn't even considering handhelds when I said that.
3 people like this

Legend

Looks like its worth $10 and I'm not even joking.

I agree, the gameplay looks bland and it does look like a low budget game, i.e. a Nintendo Land mini game reject that turned into a full fledged game.

I'm not hyped up about it and will wait for it to be in the bargain bin before buying it.

They could of used the visuals and the design (along with all resources) to make a Super Mario Sunshine 2 or a HD remaster of the GCN ver imo but were pressured into making a new IP because the gaming mainstream media/internet pressured them for years saying they dont have any new IPs ~_~.

I wonder if it started out as a SMS spin off?  The ink mechanics at the core are pretty similar.

Splatoon looks like an indie title that all the nintendo fans make fun of the ps4 for having but are excited for it. Also looks like it would get old fast(er than titanfall. Yes, I went there) and if it's multiplayer then in a few days/weeks it will be hard to find matches.

Yeah at E3 for the longest time I thought it was an indie title lol.

BasilZero

Dec 09, 2014, 06:13 PM Last Edit: Dec 09, 2014, 06:17 PM by BasilZero

Oh I wasn't even considering handhelds when I said that.

No problem, I've played Phantom Hourglass and really was turned off from the touchscreen* controls, the first time I've ever started a Zelda game and just stopped playing mainly cause of its controls (btw this is coming from a guy who played Legend of Zelda 2 on NES xD).

Xbro

I wonder if it started out as a SMS spin off?  The ink mechanics at the core are pretty similar.

It's a new system nintendo is trying out. They hired a bunch of up and coming people to work on small projects and create new ideas, while the experienced studios work on the big games. I can't remember what the project is called, I would have to look it up.
3 people like this

BasilZero

Dec 09, 2014, 06:14 PM Last Edit: Dec 09, 2014, 06:16 PM by BasilZero

I wouldnt doubt it.

There was a rumor though earlier in the year about a remaster that will be coming out on the WiiU next year.

Maybe it is Super Mario Sunshine HD...I HOPE IT IS :O

Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if we see this guy in Splatoon

Xbro

No problem, I've played Phantom Hourglass and really was turned off from the motion controls, the first time I've ever started a Zelda game and just stopped playing mainly cause of its controls (btw this is coming from a guy who played Legend of Zelda 2 on NES xD).

Don't worry, I'm probably the biggest Zelda fan on this site, and the DS games were the bottom of the barrel. Spirit Tracks being better than Phantom Hourglass, but still a bad zelda game. An okay game, but a bad zelda game. PH is probably the only zelda game I wouldn't put in my top 100 games.
3 people like this

Xbro

Found it. Nintendo Garage.

"Splatoon and the three prototypes are the first games to emerge from Garage, a new Nintendo development programme set up last year in which developers break off into small teams and work on new ideas. "There are increasing numbers of young staff at Nintendo's development studios these days," Miyamoto says, "and these young guys really want to express themselves." Work is done during office hours, but he compares Garage to an after-school club, in spirit if not in schedule. "Class time's over: they gather together and think about new projects completely apart from their everyday business assignments. When all of those projects have advanced to a certain stage, we gather together and exchange opinions on the outcome of each of them, and together we decide which ones should continue. We may have shown several software titles at E3 [that came from Garage], but there are many others in development too."

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236073-splatoon-project-guard-project-giant-robot-starfox-come-from-garage-development-programme-more-titles-in-development
3 people like this

BasilZero

Don't worry, I'm probably the biggest Zelda fan on this site, and the DS games were the bottom of the barrel. Spirit Tracks being better than Phantom Hourglass, but still a bad zelda game. An okay game, but a bad zelda game. PH is probably the only zelda game I wouldn't put in my top 100 games.

I'm probably the 2nd biggest :P

Xbro

I'm probably the 2nd biggest :P

Probably isn't hard. I'm guessing we don't have very many on this site.
3 people like this

manbearspurge

I hate Nintendo, but am too afraid to leave them.

darkknightkryta

but do you make fun of indiestation4?

I do >:(!  Seriously though, I don't. 

BasilZero

I hate Nintendo, but am too afraid to leave them.

Sounds like a personal problem.

BasilZero

I played both Smash Bros WiiU and MK8 for the first time online with my friends from Arizona :)

The first match we had on Smash was a bit laggy but I guess somethin happened along the way and we've had about 10-15 smooth matches afterwards.

MK8 was flawless with no lag whatsoever.

Both fantastic games and I plan to play them both again this sunday *_*!

Go Up