So do we expect Sony to show up to Paris or PSX this year with new announcements?

Started by Legend, Aug 13, 2018, 10:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Most of their studios are pretty busy and the rest are probably moving to PS5. So unless you expect PS5 to be announced this year, what games can Sony reveal?

darkknightkryta

If E3 is anything to go by... Not much. I think God of War 2 will be the last ps4 title from them after the ps5 launches.

Dr. Pezus

If E3 is anything to go by... Not much. I think God of War 2 will be the last ps4 title from them after the ps5 launches.
I think GoW2 is probably a PS5 game

darkknightkryta

I think GoW2 is probably a PS5 game
I doubt it, only cause historically, the second main entry is at the tail end of the gen.  Plus Sony likes to leave a parting gift for a console before they move on.    Maybe a "cross gen" title.

BananaKing

I doubt it, only cause historically, the second main entry is at the tail end of the gen.  Plus Sony likes to leave a parting gift for a console before they move on.    Maybe a "cross gen" title.
Yeah but development changed and circumstances change. Releasing GoW5 in 2022 on PS4 is unreasonable. The "parting" gifts are TLoU, Ghost and Death Stranding (which I think will be cross gen)

the-pi-guy

^probably true and disappointing.  
Not ready for this gen to end .

Legend

Yeah but development changed and circumstances change. Releasing GoW5 in 2022 on PS4 is unreasonable. The "parting" gifts are TLoU, Ghost and Death Stranding (which I think will be cross gen)
I still expect Horizon 2 to be current gen. It's been 1 and a half years so the game could be pretty far in development.

Could be their big PSX announcement.

Xevross

^probably true and disappointing.  
Not ready for this gen to end .
Opposite of disappointing for me. New gen is coming and I want Sony's games to be shiny and new. Would be a shame if they were tied down by having to be on PS4.

I still expect Horizon 2 to be current gen. It's been 1 and a half years so the game could be pretty far in development.

Could be their big PSX announcement.
I really hope not, PS5 launch title please.

Kerotan

Hopefully a ps4 Pro slim and ps4 super slim.

Personally I want gow2 and horizon 2 to be ps5 games.