June 2014 NPD (PS4 269k, XB1 197k, 3DS 152k, Wii U 140k, 360 62k, PS3 42k, Wii 19k, Vita 15k)

Started by ethomaz, Jul 15, 2014, 04:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

If the PS4 numbers turn out to be correct and the 3DS is selling well below the PS4, do you think the 3DS is overtracked on the chartz?

I didn't checked the last numbers but last time I did it looked like they are undertracking PS4 WW... not sure about 3DS because most sales come from Japan and we have MC/Famitsu every week.

Post the chatz numbers if Boutus already did the maths for the month.

Raven

If the PS4 numbers turn out to be correct and the 3DS is selling well below the PS4, do you think the 3DS is overtracked on the chartz?

VGChartz is almost always wrong versus NPD numbers.

ethomaz

If MS is using NPD data then XB1 sold 155k last month.

Over the past month, we've seen a strong spike in interest in our Xbox One console options, including the new $399 offering, and the amazing lineup of games announced during E3. Since the new Xbox One offering launched on June 9th, we've seen sales of Xbox One more than double* in the US, compared to sales in May, and solid growth in Xbox 360 sales.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/xbox-one-xbox-one-sales-more-than-double-in-june

DD_Bwest

yup,  pachter was pretty darn close.. so add another 100k to the tally if hes right about ps4 lol   what is it 700k or 800k  gap now in the us

ethomaz

If 160k holds true it will be the worst June NPD from Xbox except 360 June 2013.

Dr. Pezus

No, no, no, no. Where's the reading comprehension?!? This does not necessarily mean more than double May. Could be less. Notice the "since June 9th".

ethomaz

No, no, no, no. Where's the reading comprehension?!? This does not necessarily mean more than double May. Could be less. Notice the "since June 9th".

Yeap but I'm sure PS4 take June :D

7H3

hmm i'm surprised the kinectless unit would be selling that much more... honestly, I'd prefer to get it bundled just to try it out and for kid friendly gaming
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

u4gReservoirDogs

You just know it's a bad month for Xbox One when kowenicki isn't nearby @ VGChartz.  ;D
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

7H3

I used to respect that guy, but he went downhill quickly with mob mentality fanboyism
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

Well here you can see the VGC predictions: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186919

Thanks... I tried to find yesterday (get upset about a bad GT thread) and nothing.

BTW most are saying PS4 seems on spot... they will be surprise because PS4 will do over 200k this month because it is 5 weeks.

Mmm_fish_tacos

ethomaz

Found on GAF.

360 vs PS3 (2007 first 5 months)

1050k vs 665k

385k difference

PS4 vs XB1 (2014 first 5 months)

1320k vs 902k

418k difference

Xevross

PS4 was over tracked last 2 months. Just saying :P. This confirms PS4 is #1 but we all knew that would happen. At least 155k is a healthy number but still pretty bad, we'll see how bad when we get PS4 numbers.

Go Up