Destiny: Ghost Edition (Collector) & Beta (July 17th on Playstation & July 23rd on Xbox) Revealed

Started by ethomaz, Jul 07, 2014, 04:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

Ghost Edition:

The Ghost Edition will cost $149.99 and Bungie says it will truly be a limited production run and availability.

- A steelbook disc case and disc copy of the game
- A field manual with "handwritten" notes
- An "antique" star chart
- A Guardian folio
- 4 postcards from the Golden Age (i.e. Earth before the Darkness decimated it)
- The Destiny Expansion Pass ($34.99 value; good for Expansion I and Expansion II)
- Collector's Edition Digital Content (an in-game Ghost skin, player emblem, and ship skin)
- And the centerpiece: a life-size replica of the Ghost robot, complete with lights and Peter Dinklage dialogue samples.

Meanwhile, the $99.99 Limited Edition includes everything in the CE except the illuminated, talking Ghost replica.

Finally, there's also an $89.99 Digital Guardian Edition for those looking to skip the disc version of the game. It includes:

- A digital download of the game
- Early access to Vanguard armory and player emblem pre-order bonuses
- A reservation for upcoming Destiny expansions "The Dark Below" and "House of Wolves" (each of which includes new Story missions, cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas, and a "wealth" of new weapons, armor, and gear)
- The aforementioned Collector's Edition Digital Content.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/destiny-beta-details-announced-collectors-edition-revealed-and-unboxed-ign-first

ethomaz

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

ethomaz

Expansion Pass [$34.99].

- Reservation for two upcoming Destiny Expansions, "The Dark Below" and "House of Wolves," featuring:
- Brand new story missions
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas
- A wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn

7H3

ethomaz

interesting stuff! hope they aren't charging too much for the expansions

$34.99 pass the expansion pass... so at least $20 each separately.

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

I WANT THAT GHOST EDITION!!  But I'm gonna settle for the limited edition.  Steelbook cases are a must get for me if I can.  Plus getting the expansion packs and the other stuff is just icing.  I think $99 is a fair price for it. 

nnodley

ethomaz

PS exclusive content in Expansions.

The Dust Palace Strike: An exclusive three-player cooperative Strike that can be played with friends or match made. You'll track a Cabal extraction team through the husks of an ancient human skyscraper, the Dust Palace, buried in the shifting dunes of Mars and face a new enemy, the Psion Flayers.

The Exodus Blue Competitive Multiplayer Map: A mid-sized Crucible arena that pairs perfectly with Control and Skirmish game modes. The Exodus Blue, a long-dead vessel, once brought hope and humanity to worlds beyond Earth. Here, Guardians challenge one another, forging a new hope and future in the fires of the Crucible.

Dr. Pezus

Ugh, they've even got the dlc of the dlc planned already, months before the release of the game. Well, this is Activision...

nnodley

Welp cancelled my amazon order and just went to my local gamestop and ordered the $100 limited edition!! CAN'T WAIT!

7H3

BananaKing

Destiny is now beasting on the amazon charts. this game will be HUGE. i wish i can get that 99$ limited edition. :-(

Go Up