(RUMOR) Nintendo NX will not be Android-based but it will emulate Android games. - NeoGAF
This little factoid got lost in the translation of this article, but I thought it deserved its own thread, since the NX = Android rumors have been going around. Here's my translation of what the original article says.
The GoNintendo translation has most people thinking that the rumor is Amazon will exclusively have Nintendo games on their store, and even on the FireTV; when it's actually the opposite. Amazon wants to make sure they have Nintendo games in their store in addition to the Google and Apple stores. Source: I'm a native Spanish speaker
- When Nintendo announced their mobile games, Amazon was very interested in having the games also be on the Amazon App store.
- Nintendo games will be on the Amazon store on day one, or shortly after Play Store and App Store.
- Amazon is asking Nintendo what they need to do to have Amazon App Store games play on Nintendo consoles
- Amazon got the impression that Nintendo is thinking about emulating Android games.
- Nintendo will not create an Android system, but instead will emulate Android games. It's not something that's confirmed, but just an interpretation of the conversations. (Think how Blackberry is doing it)