Big PS4 exclusive to be announced in December?

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 15, 2014, 06:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

I seriously doubt Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to be announced for the PS4 a year in advance of the "Holiday 2015 Exclusive" deal with the X1. With all the talk lately of Ryse possibly being on PS4, it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. Which wouldn't be a huge deal for the game itself but would represent an increasing problem for Microsoft in that the X1 is getting an image as a console where most exclusives don't stay that way despite what they claim initially.

NeverDies

Whatever it ends up being, I'm hyped!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

7H3

I seriously doubt Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to be announced for the PS4 a year in advance of the "Holiday 2015 Exclusive" deal with the X1. With all the talk lately of Ryse possibly being on PS4, it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. Which wouldn't be a huge deal for the game itself but would represent an increasing problem for Microsoft in that the X1 is getting an image as a console where most exclusives don't stay that way despite what they claim initially.

Only for those who pay attention... I mean agree, but that stuff slowly steeps out it seems even to Gamestop employees... Even my hardcore gaming friends get ridiculous information from time to time that is way off base... all that to say I agree with your premise, but its not like the effects would be immediate for the gen pub
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Only for those who pay attention... I mean agree, but that stuff slowly steeps out it seems even to Gamestop employees... Even my hardcore gaming friends get ridiculous information from time to time that is way off base... all that to say I agree with your premise, but its not like the effects would be immediate for the gen pub

It's really hard to predict how fast game news will spread. I mean the Xbox One DRM spread like wildfire, yet news of its reversal took ages to get around to the casuals.

I think Microsoft is hoping for that with Tomb Raider, but a pre holiday announcement could still pretty easily wreck that perception since Christmas is so huge.

7H3

It's really hard to predict how fast game news will spread. I mean the Xbox One DRM spread like wildfire, yet news of its reversal took ages to get around to the casuals.

I think Microsoft is hoping for that with Tomb Raider, but a pre holiday announcement could still pretty easily wreck that perception since Christmas is so huge.

reaction prediction is definitely true, but the 2 situations a greatly different. I mean I knew that DRM was an issue about a year before the consoles released and so did the majority of my gaming friends that I spoke with about next gen consoles as E3 2012 many of us were waiting for a next gen announcement. Jack Tretton went on the record and spoke against such policies for PS consoles before the ps4 announcement almost a year before ps4 was unveiled officially. So I personally knew that DRM was likely to be on MS console, and not likely for Sony console 6 months to a year before hand. So when the official announcements came out people were waiting for those details... I doubt many are waiting for such announcements with tomb raider... If it was Call of Duty it could be comparable possibly...

Raven

Well, what gets to the general public is hard to predict when it relies on word of mouth. It really depends on how many people who know that's the case mention it to people who otherwise wouldn't know and then whether or not they mention it as a talking point when someone is debating PS4 or X1. There are also many people out there who do keep track of these things who have yet to invest in either system and that's going to hurt the X1 when they run a comparison and see the X1's currently thin list of exclusives is having trouble growing. Announcements of games thought previously not coming to PS4 in fact coming to PS4 would bolster the image of Sony's console being the go-to. What you can say will be recognized by the general public though, and I think we can both completely agree on this, is that when people walk into stores they'll see the PS4 selections growing faster than the competition. Quantity isn't better than quality but it definitely catches more eyes when your shelves have more on display.

Raven

lol you two just go ahead and talk about this. I'm just going to sit by myself in this corner.

Legend

lol you two just go ahead and talk about this. I'm just going to sit by myself in this corner.

Ditto.

Wait that wouldn't work.

7H3

lol. it really is an interesting topic, and surely it would be interesting to see what happens in the future. Honestly, I can't see MS really making a difference to me personally as they can't get any lower in regards to respect or trust from myself. However, there are still games and products I'm interested in for the xbox one so it really doesn't matter to me as I doubt they could really sway me one way or another at this point. If I had the extra cash right now I'd probably pre-order the SO Xbox One bundle.

kitler53

guys,..  titanfall 2.  tweet tweet.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

lol. it really is an interesting topic, and surely it would be interesting to see what happens in the future. Honestly, I can't see MS really making a difference to me personally as they can't get any lower in regards to respect or trust from myself. However, there are still games and products I'm interested in for the xbox one so it really doesn't matter to me as I doubt they could really sway me one way or another at this point. If I had the extra cash right now I'd probably pre-order the SO Xbox One bundle.

I've been throwing around the idea of getting one but I know they'll drop the price again or add more free games. So it's really hard for me to pull the trigger when I know a better deal is just around the corner. They really hurt them selfs with all their price dropping and deal making. I'll just gold off for a while.

Legend

guys,..  titanfall 2.  tweet tweet.

Or Titanfall sigma.

kitler53

Or Titanfall sigma.

..but includes "retro" map packs.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

NeverDies

Titanfall: The Tightening (of our grip on CoD's wallet)
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

the-pi-guy

"This event that we're gonna hold; this is pretty unprecedented," Rohde said during the latest PlayStation Blogcast. "This is an event for the fans, and I am so incredibly geeked about it. We're gonna show you a bunch of stuff that maybe we shouldn't show you yet."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-experience-event-is-unprecedented-sony/1100-6423062/

Go Up