Nintendo: 'New Play' for Nintendo Switch to be Revealed Later (2PM PST, 10PM GMT)

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Jan 17, 2018, 02:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I think it's a pretty poor idea for video games but as a physical toy it could be cool. Really young kids could love feeling the "magic" of their cardboard coming to life as long as the software is open ended enough to give them freedom with how they want to play.

Reminds me of Sony's attempt with wonderbook but the similarities are only surface level. It could be a comparable flop or it could be a huge success depending on how Nintendo/the dev company push it. Release date is weird but I imagine the execs didn't think about it.

it not that it is a bad idea but that it is late to market, cardboard is very destructable, and overall this isless functional than the competitors. 

at $159 this is cheaper and cooler.  my niece has and loves it though.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creative-Toolbox-Building-Coding/dp/B072MK1PDV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516237834&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+stem+cat

this will do better than you guys seem to expect but it will sell to the nintendo faithful much moreso than expand their audience.  there are too many other, better options in the STEM toy market.

Hey you visited! :)

Do you think that the Nintendo tie in and video game angle could help push new people into the market and make this product more popular than the existing stuff?

I used this lego guy in middle school: