Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

There's a way to complete the game without using the dark cubes. I didn't attempt it, it seemed like it would take a while to do. Maybe attempt to do thatl unless that's what you already did on your second run.
Yeah that was my second run. Made the game great imo.

It takes a while but it's an independent campaign that's mostly new puzzles. I highly recommend it despite it feeling only 90% finished, plus a few other issues.

kitler53

Saw this on era.  Not that i've played it but it looks like the perfect recommendation for ledgend.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Saw this on era.  Not that i've played it but it looks like the perfect recommendation for ledgend.

Yup played it last year. It was pretty good.

Not too many games use language learning as a puzzle mechanic so I was really excited to try it out. I'd recomend it to every puzzle game fan.

Only real negative was the in game journal was a bit too helpful. For a harder challenge I wish I could have skipped it.

SWORDF1SH

Yeah that was my second run. Made the game great imo.

It takes a while but it's an independent campaign that's mostly new puzzles. I highly recommend it despite it feeling only 90% finished, plus a few other issues.
Wait, I just checked and I did a run not using the god cubes already. Somebody told me a while back that there's was an even harder way to finish the game but can't remember what it was. I just remember thinking it was impossible.

Legend

Wait, I just checked and I did a run not using the god cubes already. Somebody told me a while back that there's was an even harder way to finish the game but can't remember what it was. I just remember thinking it was impossible.
Just those 2 but there are random extra rooms that don't seem finished.

Horizon

Just a bit into Banishers. Its pretty solid. Voice acting is great, dialogue seems good so far. Character models are really good and environments look pretty stunning.  Not the absolute most detailed, but its good.

Gameplay is so far good. Takes a bit to figure out how best to switch between Red and Antea(the protagonists). But i'm excited where things will go as abilities get unlocked.
You been able to play more?

nnodley

You been able to play more?
a little.  I'm just past finishing stuff at the hunting camp and moving to new eden again.

SWORDF1SH

Just finished Door2 and Door3. Had an absolute blast with Door3.  Really good open world puzzle game. With Door2 I abandoned for a while but when I went back, I accepted it flaws (so many in Door2) and then enjoyed playing it so much, I bought Door3 (which improved so much).
Door2 invites you to break the literal boundaries of the game and it is required to collect all the keys. You can even find a lot of ways to skips puzzles by finding a ways to break through, which I found just as fun as solving the puzzle (99% of the time I'd go back to solve the puzzles anyway). It was just frustrating that the game had no checkpoints when meant solving a lot of the puzzles over and over. Door3 did a much better job at saving your progress.
The first Door game felt like a broken mess. Got a refund. But now I might go back and give it a try and no refund this time even if I don't like it, now I've played a lot of game from SVGames and I really like their stuff so I will support them.

Legend

Mar 07, 2024, 12:22 AM Last Edit: Mar 07, 2024, 12:33 AM by Legend
Just finished Door2 and Door3. Had an absolute blast with Door3.  Really good open world puzzle game. With Door2 I abandoned for a while but when I went back, I accepted it flaws (so many in Door2) and then enjoyed playing it so much, I bought Door3 (which improved so much).
Door2 invites you to break the literal boundaries of the game and it is required to collect all the keys. You can even find a lot of ways to skips puzzles by finding a ways to break through, which I found just as fun as solving the puzzle (99% of the time I'd go back to solve the puzzles anyway). It was just frustrating that the game had no checkpoints when meant solving a lot of the puzzles over and over. Door3 did a much better job at saving your progress.
The first Door game felt like a broken mess. Got a refund. But now I might go back and give it a try and no refund this time even if I don't like it, now I've played a lot of game from SVGames and I really like their stuff so I will support them.
Oh there was an old itouch game about doors and I just assumed that's what these were.

I'll have to check them out.

edt: I had no idea the itouch was only discontinued in 2022. I was thinking of a ~2010 game.

kitler53

Mar 07, 2024, 04:54 PM Last Edit: Mar 07, 2024, 04:58 PM by kitler53
well i have finished talos principle 2 now.

good but also disappointing.   maybe it's just because i learned a lot of the mechanics via playing the first game but i found this game to be waaaay too easy. i think i finished every puzzle in about 5 mins with at most 2-3 taking maybe 10 minutes to reason out.   i think that would have been okay for the "main" puzzles but the optional puzzles were also too easy.    worse yet,.. many of the "monument stars" weren't even puzzles.    "find my spirt" is not fuking puzzle,.. its a fuking chore to just mindlessly walk around.   yes i know the monument pointed in the direction of the spirt but with all the cliffs it was really hard to follow that line.

anyways, i 100%ed the game without any guides other than i used some maps i found to navigate the terrain a bit.   having no map in game was fine for the initial play though but it sucked donkey balls when trying to clean up trophies.

...which by the way i loath the "3 mayors" trophies.   one would think after 100%ing the game i'd have the platinum.   i didn't want to use a guide though as to not spoil my game.   part of me wants the plat but a far bigger part of me is pissed off it takes 3 playthoughs or a highly specific guide to get the plat.   puzzle games just don't have the kind of replayability that makes me want to play this a 2nd, 3rd time just to get a plat. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up