The Barenstein Bears: We are living in our own parallel unniverse

Started by DD_Bwest, Jul 30, 2015, 06:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

DD_Bwest

the Wood between Worlds: The Berenstein Bears: We Are Living in Our Own Parallel Universe

The Berenstein Bears: We Are Living in Our Own Parallel Universe - NeoGAF

Because of this theory's popularity in the conspiracy theory thread, I wanted to introduce the rest of GAF to this absolute mindfuck and see if we could solve this together.  Now many of you might remember the popular children's book and cartoon series known as the Berenstein Bears. The thing is, it's actually called the Berenstain Bears. There are no official records of a name change yet many insist that at some point in time, the spelling was Berenstein, not Berenstain. This theory seeks to offer an explanation: http://woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.co...living-in.html This is generally referred to as the Berenstein/Berenstain Bears alternate universe theory  A TL;DR from reddit:
Basically, we used to live in a universe where it was indeed spelled with an E. There was another alternate universe where it was spelled with an A. If you check now, it is spelled with an A, and always was. Some time between the 90s and today, the "A" universe overlapped the E universe, and now we live in the A universe.

It genuinely confused me when I first heard it. I swear it was spelled 'Berenstein' and there are conflicting reports everywhere. Many believe it was always Berenstain and children commonly read it as Berenstein and remember it as such but many online claim that it was changed at some point without any real indication. Some believe this is an example of the phenomena known as the "Mandela Effect" where many people seem to have real memories of events that never occurred. The theory gets its name from the individuals who had the memory of reading/hearing about Nelson Mandela dying in prison, while no such event ever occurred. Looking deeper into the theory, one can see claims of converging timelines, where tiny details change and overlap, giving us memories of events that occurred in timelines other than our own.  One of the more popular examples of the Mandela Effect is the image of Henry VIII eating a turkey leg, a painting that appears to have never actually been created (The image here was created from memory) yet   some people do remember such a thing existing. Oh and the Simpsons already parodied it Now, back to how this fits in with the bears. Our current timeline is the "A Timeline" where BeranstAin is the correct spelling. We formerly inhabited the "E Timeline" but at some point the two alternatte timelines crossed and the E's were changed to A's, changing BerenstEin to BerenstAin. This is the Mandela Effect at work. We have memories from a timeline other than ours when two alternate universes unknowingly converged at some point in time.Odds are it was probably always fudgy Berenstain and the internet is overthinking things as always Edit: Possible evidence that many people in this thread might not be insane:
Originally Posted by jaypah

https://youtu.be/tVjYLiP2hhw I didn't fact check this (because come on) but here is help for our sanity.

Edit 2: A brief explanation as to what is going on in the universe:
Originally Posted by Days like these...

AnonymousAugust 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM This can more or less be explained with Casualty. Something from a similar Universe slipped into ours (wormhole, blackhole), due to this our Universe started pulling the other Universe incrementally in (In our time perception) to eliminate errors, as the only option is assimilation, which has a chance of following with destruction. And, due to this, the foreign objects in our Universe also started pulling our Universe to the other Universe, thus assimilation, as time goes by, the two Universes swap out objects ad infinitum, eventually realizing the loop both Universes begin deleting the foreign objects, to keep the other Universe from pulling and pushing, this has two effects, it can keep the both Universe stable with minimal loss, or it can destroy one or both Universe due to everything being deleted. (Even the Universe itself may pull other in, due to how this works) So, again, this ends in either assimilation or destruction, for one or both Universes. If I am correct, and didn't leave anything out, the Berenstein Bears and Berenstain bears are a symptom of this.

so im pretty sure i remember stein, not stain.  the more i think  about it, i can even remember my mom correcting me in how to pronounce it when i was younger..

7H3

Jul 30, 2015, 01:32 PM Last Edit: Jul 30, 2015, 01:35 PM by 7H3
wtf!?!? i'm looking through my kid books later.... I always remember it being "burn-steen" bears...

why you gotta mind-screw me in the morning man!?!

speaking with my wife on the phone and she thought it was spelled with an 'e' as well... at least i'm married to someone from my own universe?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

7H3

Jul 30, 2015, 11:18 PM Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015, 12:12 AM by 7H3
no one else huh?
I went further down the rabbit hole with this one and found a few more that seemed off like the given example... a few more resonated with me as well.

The Ponchatoula Times  September 12, 1985 Page   6
saturday 7am

from sep 12th to oct 10th it was listed as "stein" beginning on the 17th it was "stain"
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

I thought it was Bernstein.