VizionEck

Started by Legend, May 31, 2015, 07:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Sorry to tell you that VizionEck doesnt count. its not AAA

Rain

I'm assuming this is still coming this year but would be greatful for an update  :)
I enjoy the *Sound Of Rain

Legend

I'm assuming this is still coming this year but would be greatful for an update  :)
As far as release dates go, VizionEck is in the same camp as most other indie games: it'll release when it's finished.

This has been a long delay because I decided to reorganize my free DLC plans and include the single player campaign at launch. Originally "Adventure" was planned to release around the 1 year anniversary of VizionEck's release.

Right now I'm working on the AI for computer controlled players in Battle. At first I was planning on using standard AI which would be fairly quick to implement, but that never feels as good as a real player. So now I'm spending way more time than intended in order to create a "true" AI, a learning intelligence that gets better as it plays. This should feel great to play against. Since I'm spending more time on AI though, I've pushed another unannounced feature back as free DLC. I'm not delaying VizionEck again.

Rain

Jul 22, 2015, 05:33 PM Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015, 05:51 PM by Legend
As far as release dates go, VizionEck is in the same camp as most other indie games: it'll release when it's finished.

This has been a long delay because I decided to reorganize my free DLC plans and include the single player campaign at launch. Originally "Adventure" was planned to release around the 1 year anniversary of VizionEck's release.

Right now I'm working on the AI for computer controlled players in Battle. At first I was planning on using standard AI which would be fairly quick to implement, but that never feels as good as a real player. So now I'm spending way more time than intended in order to create a "true" AI, a learning intelligence that gets better as it plays. This should feel great to play against. Since I'm spending more time on AI though, I've pushed another unannounced feature back as free DLC. I'm not delaying VizionEck again

Sounds like you have a plan  8)

I recently became a bit more casualized and tend to avoid the big single player games these days. I technically have the time but not the interest to sit and play a game alone for an extended time period. Plus, I am without a TV in my room (by choice) so would have to play in the living room and can't get pulled into the story / dialogue with all the noise if it's voice acted.

I basically reduced myself to smaller indie games or retail games that have multiplayer like Splatoon or Guilty Gear. Vizioneck is both indie & has multiplayer so it has my interest now even more so than before
I enjoy the *Sound Of Rain

Legend

I have 16 person splitscreen to help with AI debugging.

Think I'll just leave it in the game as an option for spectating. 480x270 isn't too bad to play casually on either, but PS4 only supports up to 4 DS4s.

7H3

I have 16 person splitscreen to help with AI debugging.

Think I'll just leave it in the game as an option for spectating. 480x270 isn't too bad to play casually on either, but PS4 only supports up to 4 DS4s.
sweet link me in I'll help!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

sweet link me in I'll help!
Do you have a dev/test kit?  ::)

7H3

Do you have a dev/test kit?  ::)

nooooo... shareplaymebro
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

nooooo... shareplaymebro
I wonder if it's actually possible to share play on dev kits? Don't have the business internet to make it work, but that could be kinda cool in the future.

Kerotan

Do you think the game will be out before the end of summer 2016?

Legend

Do you think the game will be out before the end of summer 2016?
It will release as soon as possible, but right now the date is still TBA.

Kerotan

I see your game listed for ps VR.  is it very time consuming making a game VR compatible or is it relatively easy?  

Regardless I think your game is really suited to VR.

Legend

I see your game listed for ps VR.  is it very time consuming making a game VR compatible or is it relatively easy?  

Regardless I think your game is really suited to VR.
It's relatively easy when you already are running at very high performance. Hard part is making the game fun in VR, and not discomforting. Ideally every single aspect of the game should be designed from the ground up with VR in mind.

Personally that's all I'm doing at this stage. Want to release as soon as possible, so VR support and VR exclusive modes will be patched in after launch.

Legend

I realized I should start posting in this thread more!

Here are the 5 maps in the current build, ranging from super small to super large.

Revolution is the map I've shown in all previous trailers and marketing, while the other 4 maps are new. Plan to launch with 12+.

Legend

16 person splitscreen!

Obviously don't have a way to support 16 controllers. This is just what happens when I forget to disable cameras for non local players.

Go Up