No Man's Sky "Path Finder" Content Update announced

Started by Legend, Mar 07, 2017, 05:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GribbleGrunger

GribbleGrunger

It's so much harder to progress now ... and I love it. I think part of the problem was people burning through the new content too quickly and then having to wait for another update for more to do. This update has made the game feel meatier, with better balance. When you upgrade your ship/suit/gun you get a better sense of 'achievement' and when you finally get a decent gun/ship, it feels well earned. The new currency and shops have also allowed them to add other equipment and upgrades easily and the fact you have an R1/L1 scroll button but only ever get one page of new upgrades, shows quite clearly that's exactly what they intend to do.

I think the next update is either going to be environmental or to do with space exploration. All I want right now is a few new topographical features, a better variation in caves, and more animals with improved AI/animations. I'll be honest, one more substantial update like the Foundation/Pathfinder updates, and I'd be willing to pay something for any subsequent DLC, providing it was priced reasonably. Free would be better of course, but I wouldn't be annoyed in the least if it wasn't.

A few extra little touches and features I'd like to see added:

1: The down menu should be sticky so it remembers what I did last. Great for photo mode or space battles when you need to replenish your shields.
 2: NPCs should mill about on Bases, on Space stations or Freighters.
 3: Sentinel should stop and communicate with one and other before going about there business
 4: More whether effects such as lightening and thunder.
 5: The tiny white Sentinal you see on Freighters should be available for purchase as an on land buddy, with extra fire power and extra storage.

NMS is now going places. I actually envy anyone who is just now getting on board.

GribbleGrunger

New patch is out:

Greetings explorers,
Today we're releasing Patch 1.24, which addresses some remaining issues and bugs players have reported since the launch of the Path Finder Update. This update is live now on both PC and PS4, and the patch notes are as follows:
-Fixed an issue that caused player's bases not to appear
-Optimised light shafts, allowing us to enable them on PS4
-Fixed a game freeze/lock up that could occur when in space
-Improved frame rate when playing with unlocked frame rate, or vsync disabled
-Fixed some issues with Steam controller prompts
-Various minor performance optimisations
-Fixed some rare crashes & freezes
Thanks to everyone who has been playing and providing feedback/bug reports! If you continue to experience issues, you can report them via our Help Centre.
Hello Games

SWORDF1SH

Tempted to dip back in. Have they patched in an ending yet?

GribbleGrunger

Tempted to dip back in. Have they patched in an ending yet?
No, but it's worth dipping back in. Play on Survival mode. I just spent a quick ten minutes playing for 5 hours.

Kerotan

It's getting better.  I need another year of updates and a $10 sale price and I'll jump in.  Might even be free on ps plus someday.

SWORDF1SH

No, but it's worth dipping back in. Play on Survival mode. I just spent a quick ten minutes playing for 5 hours.
I never liked survival mode in any game. I need to feel like I'm working towards something and that's why having no ending put me completely off.

GribbleGrunger

I never liked survival mode in any game. I need to feel like I'm working towards something and that's why having no ending put me completely off.
There is an end but it's about 255 galaxies away. Just get it and enjoy the 'knocking about'. I've just finished playing since my last comment and had no idea it was 08:45 UK time. It's addictive once you just forget about other things and enjoy the gaming loop.

There's lots of things to do. You can finish the Atlas path (which is an 'end' if that's what you want.) You can finish the Foundation/Pathfinder content (which is another 'end') or you can get to the next galaxy (which is also an 'end' to the galaxy you're in). But the draw of the game is the searching and exploration. You'll be able to pick it up pretty cheaply now, especially if you buy it second hand, and with more content coming, there will be plenty to do.

Just play on normal until you come to grips with what you need to craft for what situation, and get used to the mechanics. When you're comfortable, THEN play Survival or even Permadeath, the mode I'm currently playing. I nearly copped it earlier when I took on two pirates but just managed to squeeze by. It's quite scary when you know you only have ONE chance.

It's getting better.  I need another year of updates and a $10 sale price and I'll jump in.  Might even be free on ps plus someday.
Just get it. There's a great community building around it now and more and more people are starting to enjoy it for what it is. A good 90% of older players are now satisfied with what it has to offer. DO IT!

edit: Sod it, I'm off back on it. I can't sleep and I have a freighter to save for.

SWORDF1SH

There is an end but it's about 255 galaxies away. Just get it and enjoy the 'knocking about'. I've just finished playing since my last comment and had no idea it was 08:45 UK time. It's addictive once you just forget about other things and enjoy the gaming loop.

There's lots of things to do. You can finish the Atlas path (which is an 'end' if that's what you want.) You can finish the Foundation/Pathfinder content (which is another 'end') or you can get to the next galaxy (which is also an 'end' to the galaxy you're in). But the draw of the game is the searching and exploration. You'll be able to pick it up pretty cheaply now, especially if you buy it second hand, and with more content coming, there will be plenty to do.

Just play on normal until you come to grips with what you need to craft for what situation, and get used to the mechanics. When you're comfortable, THEN play Survival or even Permadeath, the mode I'm currently playing. I nearly copped it earlier when I took on two pirates but just managed to squeeze by. It's quite scary when you know you only have ONE chance.
Just get it. There's a great community building around it now and more and more people are starting to enjoy it for what it is. A good 90% of older players are now satisfied with what it has to offer. DO IT!

edit: Sod it, I'm off back on it. I can't sleep and I have a freighter to save for.
I already have it and pumped a few hours in before losing interest. This was before any major patches though.

GribbleGrunger

I already have it and pumped a few hours in before losing interest. This was before any major patches though.
There you go then. Just start a new save though, the game feels much different now, especially in Survival mode ...

BananaKing

It's getting better.  I need another year of updates and a $10 sale price and I'll jump in.  Might even be free on ps plus someday.
yeah i think the only way ill play this if its free on PS+

SWORDF1SH

There you go then. Just start a new save though, the game feels much different now, especially in Survival mode ...
But you know I've already got it. We've had a few conversations over it.

Kerotan

No chance.  I have too many games to play.  I always said from day one it was an indie game and I'd pay an indie price.  Maybe in the summer when I've less to play.

GribbleGrunger

But you know I've already got it. We've had a few conversations over it.
I thought you'd probably sold it by now. I never keep games I've finished and don't intend to play again. I played another 5 hours after my last post. :)

SWORDF1SH

I thought you'd probably sold it by now. I never keep games I've finished and don't intend to play again. I played another 5 hours after my last post. :)
I bought it digital. Plus I don't sell games.

Go Up