Star Citizen

Viewing single post

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I get what you're saying, I just don't think people will be happy about getting another demo or video of something 3.0 related when that's a lot of what we've been getting since Summer of last year. People want to see new stuff. They want to see real progress. I can just hear the barking right now if Gamescom comes and they go, "Hey guys! Check out this video of landing on a surface and walking around in an outpost!". People want to see battles now. They want to see real action. They want to see things we haven't been shown yet. Even if they make SQ42 THE big demo, you'll have a lot of questions as to why they spent any amount of time showing us largely the same thing they have been showing for 12 months now when there is obviously much more that needs to be seen. People are going to want something even more substantial than the CitizenCon demo last year. Which, itself, was fairly beefy. I just get the feeling we're at that very real tipping point where even adamant supporters of this game will start to turn if they don't see big progress.
I do agree that we're at a tipping point, but that doesn't mean Roberts can just throw together a super show that pleases everyone. Last year's Citizencon was when I had the mindshift and started thinking about how long the road ahead was, and that was even when I expected the 3.X series to happen somewhat on time.

Anything they show will be awesome, but nothing they show can change the fact that basic game features are still very far out. The tipping point imo is that people are starting to judge the game as it is today verse judging the promise of what it'll be down the line.