Programming Thread

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 13, 2016, 10:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

My app is "finished".
Everything seems to be functional.  I have  around 500 vocab words on there.  A matching game works, and the translation game works.  

My complaints are:. The text is hard to read.  It's dim. Theres also some weird view issues.  When the app starts up, it starts in a full screen that is blank.  Touching the screen causes the full screen to go away, and the buttons to appear.  Not exactly sure what the issue is.  

Also in the matching game, the buttons change size with different words, which is fine.  But the buttons are aligned with the one below it.  The alignment means that longer words will push both boxes into the ones on the left.  
Problems aren't so bothersome that I will fix them, I don't think.  

On another note.  
I really enjoy discovering tricks.  
I did this a lot when programming my calculator.  
For example, there wasn't a way to append a number to a string.  The way to get around this was to basically turn the number into a function and then transfer that function to a string, then you could append it.  

Also graphics tricks were fun.  They were pretty obvious, but the results were pretty cool. So I was making a menu.  And originally, I had it set up to output every time the cursor moved.  Which is ludicrous.
Instead I just erased where the cursor was, and Drew it in the new place.  Ran faster, and looked better (because it wasn't flashing while drawing).