NPD October '16 Result - XB1 #1 - Battlefield 1 #1

Started by SWORDF1SH, Nov 10, 2016, 02:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

Nov 10, 2016, 02:40 PM Last Edit: Jan 01, 2017, 05:49 PM by SWORDF1SH
Thanks in advance to @AstronautClaire for all the NPD data.

Eckers NPD predictions - Get yours in!!!

All software data physical unless stated

Hardware Results:
PS4 - 235k, ~130k Uncharted 4 bundles
XB1 -  329k, 42k Battlefield 1 bundles, ~90k GeoW bundles
Wii U -
PS3 -
PSV -
3DS - 123k
PSVR - ~155k

Software Top 10 (Ranked on revenue)
  • Battlefield 1 - 1.292M - 1.25M excl. XBO bundles (644k PS4, 647k XBO incl. bundles), +50% increase over Battlefields launch month of 836k
  • Mafia III - 503k - 310k PS4, 193k XBO, +122% over Mafia II debut
  • Gears of War 4 * - ~505k - 415 excluding bundles
  • FIFA 17 - 301k - 36% increase from last year's 221k, 737k LTD (FIFA 16 - 856k LTD)
  • NBA 2K17 - 293k - 29% below last year's 410k
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim * - ~400k
  • WWE 2K17 - 283k - 26% increase from last year's 225k
  • Civilization VI
  • Titanfall 2 - 182k - 79% down from Titanfall 1
  • Madden NFL 17 - 304k - (23% increase from last year's 248k but -12% LTD)

* Digital sales not included

Software Released in October:
Gears of War 4 * - ~505k - 415 excluding bundles
Battlefield 1 - 1.292M - 1.25M excl. XBO bundles (644k PS4, 647k XBO incl. bundles), +50% increase over Battlefields launch month of 836k

Other Data:
Rise of the Tomb Raider - ~120k - Launched of PS4
Skylanders: Imaginators - 66k
Paper Mario: Color Splash - ~100k
Yo-kai Watch 2 - < 50k
Disney Magical World 2 - ~10k
Just Dance 2017 - < 30k
Guitar Hero Live Supreme Party Edition - < 10k
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - ~200k

Last Month
PS4  0.285M
XB1 0.333M
Wii U 0.036M

Last Year
PS4 0.28M
XB1 0.3M
Wii U 0.07M

Last Month Last Year
PS4 0.35M
XB1 0.29M
Wii U 0.09M

PR Statements:

Microsoft;
"Thanks to the passion of Xbox fans worldwide and their continued excitement for Xbox One S, Xbox One was once again the best-selling console in October in the U.S., U.K. and Australia according to NPD Group and GfK Entertainment. Xbox One has been the best-selling console in the U.S. for the past four months, and in the U.K. and Australia in each of the last two months. With over 100 award-winning exclusive games, the fastest and most reliable gaming network with Xbox Live, built-in UHD 4K Blu-ray and 4K video streaming support and HDR for gaming and video, Xbox One S is the ultimate games and 4K entertainment system. New game launches like 'Gears of War 4' and 'Battlefield 1,' and continued engagement with an exceptionally strong catalog of games on Xbox One, helped increase the number of Xbox Live multiplayer gamers by 52 percent compared to last year. 'Gears of War 4' was also the No. 1 platform-exclusive title for October in the U.S. and U.K. according to NPD Group and GfK Entertainment, while 'Forza Horizon 3' became the year's best-selling and highest-rated racing game, further strengthening Forza as the most successful racing franchise on any platform this generation. We are grateful to our community for their continued support and look forward to a great holiday season."

Past data courtesy of Aquamarine and The NPD Group

Archive:
2016: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep
2015: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2014:                     Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

DerNebel

Probably a X1 win again, which is bleh, but PSVR and some software numbers are going to be interesting.

ethomaz

I bet on PS4 winning but I think Xbox One will win this month again.

Legend

Probably a X1 win again, which is bleh, but PSVR and some software numbers are going to be interesting.
Oh yeah I hope we get psvr hardware numbers.

DerNebel

Oh yeah I hope we get psvr hardware numbers.
We porbably will, just not today, today we'll get a hardware winner and real numbers will come next week would be my guess.

Btw. what do I owe you for losing these bets again?

Aura7541

Rule of thumb: If other retailers offer deals and Amazon does not offer ones of similar value, don't rely on Amazon.

ethomaz

We porbably will, just not today, today we'll get a hardware winner and real numbers will come next week would be my guess.
Yeap... Aqua said on twitter she will only release hardware numbers next week.

Legend

Btw. what do I owe you for losing these bets again?
I don't remember the stakes.
Yeap... Aqua said on twitter she will only release hardware numbers next week.
New NPD sucks

Legend

SWORDF1SH

A good 4 months for XB1. I think that might be the last month they will win until Scorpio.

DerNebel

Btw. no word on being up YoY, you reckon the X1 sold less this year than last?

SWORDF1SH

I read on chartz that Xbox won the month 1.3 to 1, is this true? It's a substantial win of a ~80k gap if it is. Very good result even if the Pro is sucking away Slim sales.

Aura7541

I read on chartz that Xbox won the month 1.3 to 1, is this true? It's a substantial win of a ~80k gap if it is. Very good result even if the Pro is sucking away Slim sales.
Dude, look at the person who posted that ratio and see the number of posts that person has made on Chartz.

Guess who...? ;)

SWORDF1SH

Dude, look at the person who posted that ratio and see the number of posts that person has made on Chartz.

Guess who...? ;)
Prinz (however you spell it). He just doesn't give up!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Guess who...? ;)
who? I better not owe you 8k

Go Up