Who still wants to make a game?

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 03, 2018, 10:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

We've talked about this multiple times in the past.  And even tried to start a few projects as a forum team.  Unfortunately none of them have really gone anywhere.  

A lot of us have a lot going on in our lives.  I have school or work, a family being made.  Most days it's hard to justify doing anything game related, because I have other things on my plate.  And I know some other people are in similar situations.  
It's even harder because there's still a lot to learn about how to make games, how they work, etc.  

My hope is to graduate first, as it'll take a lot off of my plate.  After that I plan to spend as much time as I can on working on games.

darkknightkryta

To be honest, I've been thinking of putting together a JRPG like game while I was in Italy.  I have the missing pieces of what I wanted to do now.  I just have to build the tech.

Legend

I'd love to do game jams or other quick things. Also I'd enjoy helping out from time to time on other people's projects. Simultaneously I might need to contract out some work for my future games.

It's kinda fun that such a high percentage of us are doing game dev stuff.

To be honest, I've been thinking of putting together a JRPG like game while I was in Italy.  I have the missing pieces of what I wanted to do now.  I just have to build the tech.
Build the tech? You wouldn't want to use RPG maker?

darkknightkryta

I'd love to do game jams or other quick things. Also I'd enjoy helping out from time to time on other people's projects. Simultaneously I might need to contract out some work for my future games.

It's kinda fun that such a high percentage of us are doing game dev stuff.
Build the tech? You wouldn't want to use RPG maker?
No.  It's more of an exercise for me to figure it out.  Plus I realized I can do old school PSX pre-rendered backgrounds with 2D sprites for characters.  I'd have to figure out the tech for that (I figured it out in my head, I just have to code it)

Cute Pikachu

Honestly could I help?
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

BananaKing

I'd just be willing to work on the story/lore honestly

the-pi-guy

Honestly could I help?
I'd just be willing to work on the story/lore honestly
Well I'm not really asking if people want to help me make a game, but just if people still have an interest in making games for themselves or anything like that.  

With that said, I would be interested in giving another shot to making a game with people on the forum.  

Tacos posted about a easy 2D platformer 3 years ago, that I'm blown away I didn't jump on.  I must have been busy or something.

nnodley

Aug 04, 2018, 09:34 PM Last Edit: Aug 04, 2018, 09:39 PM by nnodley
Well currently working on mine! Hopefully our studio gets this other game project from some people that are gonna fund it for us.  Plus I'm most definitely gonna make smaller games myself and put out under our studio.  Probably will try to do a game all indoors next as I think that would be easier than making nature and decay and overgrowth.

Also if people want to make small easy games to put out, then lets do it.  Small games for life!!

I think small games are actually perfect as you can hone in on less and make that stuff even better.

#TeamNotAAA