Wolfgame & Zeboyd Games: 'NOA turned us down again for dev kits.'

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 06, 2017, 08:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Wolfgame & Zeboyd Games: 'NOA turned us down again for dev kits.' | ResetEra

EDIT 1: Additional stories have come in from other developers impacted by Nintendo of America (NOA) eShop policies:Cosmic Star Heroine Developers, Zeboyd Games: bstiernberg said:  
The story of the dev in the OP is not the first dev I've heard who has not received approval to release for Switch and is unsure of why. AcademicSaucer said:  
I wonder if Cosmic Star heroine guys were able to get a devkitClick to expand...
We're not approved for Switch.  Not even sure I'm at liberty to say the reason(s). I hope we can work something out after our current game is released on already-promised and already-approved platforms (ie PS Vita, Mac/Linux (Steam), and Xbox One).Click to expand...
werezompire said:  
AcademicSaucer said:  
I wonder if Cosmic Star heroine guys were able to get a devkitClick to expand...
No, we have not. I've been emailing Nintendo off and on for over a year now and though I occasionally get a response (always along the lines of "Cosmic Star Heroine looks good but it's not a priority; maybe later"), no real progress has been made there as far as getting Cosmic Star Heroine approved or a devkit acquired. Latest email was about a week ago and they never responded. It's gotten to the point where if Sony offered me a halfway decent offer to make our next game PS4-exclusive instead of doing multiplatform on PS4/Switch, I'd take it - I'm just tired of the runaround from Nintendo. Like seriously, if it's this hard to just get approved, how hard is it going to be to get Nintendo support if we run into issues during porting? If there's one thing I can say about releasing CSH on PS4, it's that our Sony contact (Shane Bettenhausen) was always on top of things & responded very quickly whenever there was an issue we needed help with.Click to expand...
ORIGINAL POST: Figured this was worth pointing out as Ouren (aka Wolfgang) apparently isn't the only one having trouble getting Switch Dev Kits from Nintendo of America. Even more odd that Nintendo of Europe was fine with one of the 4 games they showed, and even released it.  Ouren said:  
They intentionally make it sound easier than it is. We previously released a game on Wii U as well, so we're already licensed developers with accounts on the system. You have to submit a concept for approval, and none of our games, which our developers have poured their souls into, have been approved as initial concepts. Once you have one concept approved, it's trivial to release any number of games on the system, sort of similar to Steam Direct.Click to expand...
Any other stories of smaller (indie) developers not having any luck getting approved for Switch Dev Kits?