Space exploration and rockets general thread

Started by Legend, Jan 07, 2017, 05:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

DD_Bwest

oo heres a new fresh one,  concrete being poured. and the 2 dishes that have been there for a bit

Legend

I hadn't really seen the dishes in their full glory before. Makes it look like a SETI New Mexico thing. They're way bigger than I was thinking.

Legend

DD_Bwest

not space x but

Legend

And launch in the morning.

DD_Bwest

DD_Bwest

approaching launch,  webcast is live

that shot of the stage sep - turn around- boostback was awesome.  i wish they kept that cam the whole time.

Legend

Legend

Legend

Iridium flight is expendable. Seems they don't have room for more rocket cores  ::)

Legend

Fairing capture boat. Probably will have a big net suspended there.

DD_Bwest

rofl i wanna see video of that

Iridium flight is expendable. Seems they don't have room for more rocket cores  ::)
rofl i thought that was  a joke at first.. but its only a polar launch and theyve landed all previous iridiums  :o

Legend

rofl i wanna see video of that
rofl i thought that was  a joke at first.. but its only a polar launch and theyve landed all previous iridiums  :o
Yeah no technical reason. This flight was even going to be a rtls at first.

Maybe they just have too many Block 3/4s and they want to use the extra performance to speed up sat deployment. Wish they could recover it and put it in a museum!

DD_Bwest

Yeah no technical reason. This flight was even going to be a rtls at first.

Maybe they just have too many Block 3/4s and they want to use the extra performance to speed up sat deployment. Wish they could recover it and put it in a museum!
do we know if the core has flown before?  maybe its been used one and they dont expect to get a third out of it? lol

maybe they will surprise everyone, use the extra boost from the first stage so the second has more gas at the end to try and recover the second

Legend

do we know if the core has flown before?  maybe its been used one and they dont expect to get a third out of it? lol

maybe they will surprise everyone, use the extra boost from the first stage so the second has more gas at the end to try and recover the second
Yes it's reused.

Some talk is that maybe the barge couldn't be used. The Florida barge had a fire so the thinking is that maybe SpaceX took some custom parts off the California one and shipped them west to speed up the refurbishment. Florida has a new Block 4 coming up so it's financially smarter to recover that vs recover this if SpaceX could only pick one.

Go Up