Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

At first I was going to pain the bottom black and the top blue to make it look like a CPS 2 arcade board.  But then I was inspired with this:

darkknightkryta

So I got a few arcade boards from a gentleman in another forum.  One of them was damaged:

I don't think I'm good enough to re-solder those two surface mounted chips.

Legend

I remember this being called something else.  Anyways, I was swapping out analogue sticks between two of my Dualshock 3s.  I couldn't put one back together and one of the motor wires snapped off.
I can't believe this was the last post I read in this thread. How have I missed it?!?!?

Mmm_fish_tacos

I can't believe this was the last post I read in this thread. How have I missed it?!?!?
I have no idea. Decently long thread. Mostly me and dark tho.

Btw, i wouldnt mess with that board.

darkknightkryta

Honestly I'm just running more tests on the thing to see if I can get it working.  The guy who sold it to me was adamant that he tried it before he sent it.  But I honestly don't believe him.  Talking to the FGC community, the guy is reputable enough.  I was going to ask for a refund soon though if I can't get it to boot.  I personally think he got his boards confused when he was testing them, since this is one of his doubles.

the-pi-guy

Does anyone know of any tiny hdmi splitters?
My raspberry Pi screen pretty much plugs right into the Pi.  
I'm thinking of scrapping my project for something else.  I still want to find a use for the screen though.  

Hmmm actually, does anyone have any ideas for a raspberry Pi and a touch screen?  

darkknightkryta

Does anyone know of any tiny hdmi splitters?
My raspberry Pi screen pretty much plugs right into the Pi.  
I'm thinking of scrapping my project for something else.  I still want to find a use for the screen though.  

Hmmm actually, does anyone have any ideas for a raspberry Pi and a touch screen?  

They have ready made touch screens.

the-pi-guy

They have ready made touch screens.
No I have a touch screen that connects to the raspberry Pi already.  I'm just trying to figure out a good project to use them with.  

darkknightkryta

Dec 26, 2017, 12:56 AM Last Edit: Dec 26, 2017, 03:20 PM by darkknightkryta
No I have a touch screen that connects to the raspberry Pi already.  I'm just trying to figure out a good project to use them with. 
Oh... emulation machine?  Either that or start making thouch screen based apps.

SWORDF1SH

Dark, did you get that board to work in the end?

darkknightkryta

Dark, did you get that board to work in the end?
No I gave it back.  I kept getting red/black screens even though my other 4 boards were working.  I pulled off the roms to try my multi kit, but the kit wouldn't fit in.  The seller agreed to take the the board back.  I put the roms back in and I tested it one more time, I ended up getting a picture, but the jumpers were all set wrong.  That "might" have been the issue it might not have.  It wasn't worth me figuring it out when it should have been working from the get go.  

darkknightkryta

I bought a perf board and a few screw terminals.  Gonna make a power switch for my pico psu.  I'm gonna try to shrink my arcade setup.

the-pi-guy

Decided to put an indefinite hold on my Gameboy project.  Bought a cute little NES case for my Raspberry Pi and set up a RetroPie system.  It's way awesome.  

darkknightkryta

There are better cases.  3D print one of those.

the-pi-guy

There are better cases.  3D print one of those.
Lol.  
I don't have a 3D printer.  And it's a great case.  :P
Especially for the cost.  

Go Up