Microsoft E3 Press Conference 2017

Started by Xevross, Jun 11, 2017, 05:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Raven

It's the voice actors guild for video games.

They're striking because they couldn't agree on terms when negotiating with the big game publishers earlier this year. Primarily the big one I think was that voice actors wanted royalties once the game sold more than $2 million.
Which I find irritating because there are a fudge ton of no-talent voice actors who are behaving like they're owed something. Like Ali Hillis who has no range. Both Lightning and Liara sounded like they smoked a pack of cigarettes every 4 hours. Most of these people just walk in, speak into a mic, get paid, and leave. Very few of them are truly talented. Yet they want royalties for a well-performing game. Even if their performance was shame. fudge that. Game developers should get royalties or commissions of some sort long before voice actors are even considered. They're the ones doing the real work. Most of these dogsombreros don't even do motion capture.

Legend

Competent devs? Rare?
YEah compared to elite devs oh yeah.
ELite devs have been hyping up their e3 stream for a few weeks with a 2.4 reveal.

TUrns out it's just the community manager playing online with people and trying to roleplay a story.

Kerotan

Xbox thread is the biggest thread.  Vizioneck full of Xbox fanboys confirmed.

BananaKing

It's the voice actors guild for video games.

They're striking because they couldn't agree on terms when negotiating with the big game publishers earlier this year. Primarily the big one I think was that voice actors wanted royalties once the game sold more than $2 million.
which is a fudgy joke. voice actors certainly arent the biggest part or near the biggest part when developing a video game or why it sells.

Legend

E3 2017 countdown

What happened to studio gobo's game?

That was confirmed to be showing.

Legend

Legend

Jun 13, 2017, 07:01 PM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2017, 07:06 PM by Legend

Also I'm surprised how many people I'm seeing think the timed exclusives were full exclusives. That was definitely the smartest MS has been with wording.

Legend

New xbox avatars.

Raven

Apparently, AC: Origins is not native 4K on the X.

darkknightkryta

Wouldn't surprise me.

New xbox avatars.
Those look nice.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

But is it true 4K?

nnodley

So digital foundry claims AC origins xbox one x has PC high settings.  I'm curious to see how close pro's settings are.  It would be hilarious if they were pc high settings as well and being near the same res and same solid fps.  But who are we kidding AC games a lot of times don't have solid stable fps

Legend

So digital foundry claims AC origins xbox one x has PC high settings.  I'm curious to see how close pro's settings are.  It would be hilarious if they were pc high settings as well and being near the same res and same solid fps.  But who are we kidding AC games a lot of times don't have solid stable fps
XB1X will definitely have better visual quality thanks to the extra ram and the GPU to utilize it, but I could see PS4 Pro not too far behind with resolution.

nnodley

XB1X will definitely have better visual quality thanks to the extra ram and the GPU to utilize it, but I could see PS4 Pro not too far behind with resolution.
Yeah i fully expect it too, but it would be hilarious if they keep them around similar settings.  Just cause the xbox fanboys would go nuts and I want to see that.   8)

Go Up