God of War |OT| Now on PC

Started by Xevross, Apr 11, 2018, 05:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Harsh critics seem to have a lot of weight

But it's still at 56 for me

Apparently there's another 10 to be added so it'll go net up
Oh its probably meta not updating properly then. I might be seeing the all time ranks with the 90 counted and not the two 100s.

Edit: wait yeah 56 is what I see too. It was at #53 before though.

Xevross

I refresh the page and it alternates between #53 and #56.

What is the truth?? :o

the-pi-guy

I refresh the page and it alternates between #53 and #56.

What is the truth?? :o
There's no truth in meta land.

Still says 53 for me.

Xevross

There's no truth in meta land.

Still says 53 for me.
Yeah seems like it hasn't moved.

30/89 scores are 100 now. Almost as good a ratio as Uncharted 4!

I remember there were 48 reviews when it first updated on meta. 13 of those were perfect scores. Ratio has just kept increasing since then.

TLOU has 42/98 perfect scores by the way. An insane ratio.

Xevross

A few 70s is all it'll take to drop right back down. We still have Game Critics, Quarter to Three and Riot Pixels to come. I'd be surprised if those three average more than 80. Very surprised. In fact, even an average of over 70 would still be dodging a bullet from those three.

Add in an edge 8 or 9 and things start to look a bit hairy.

Legend

A few 70s is all it'll take to drop right back down. We still have Game Critics, Quarter to Three and Riot Pixels to come. I'd be surprised if those three average more than 80. Very surprised. In fact, even an average of over 70 would still be dodging a bullet from those three.

I would not be surprised if it drops to 94.

the-pi-guy

Quarter to Three:
As for God of War, true story: I didn't know there was a new God of War until last week when a friend asked me about it. She said something about Kratos' son and I was all, like, wait, what, his son? That's how out of the loop I am with console releases. I see it's doing well on Metacritic, so I presume some people think it's really good.

Far Cry 5 is more effective - and relevant - than it knows - Quarter to Three

I'm feeling lucky.

Xevross

Quarter to Three:
As for God of War, true story: I didn't know there was a new God of War until last week when a friend asked me about it. She said something about Kratos' son and I was all, like, wait, what, his son? That's how out of the loop I am with console releases. I see it's doing well on Metacritic, so I presume some people think it's really good.

I'm feeling lucky.
Weird. He could easily pick it up at launch and make a review though.

the-pi-guy

Weird. He could easily pick it up at launch and make a review though.
they didn't reciew Uncharted 4, though.

Xevross

they didn't reciew Uncharted 4, though.
I guess they pick and choose what to review. Lets hope they either don't review this, or do and give it 5 stars lol.

Legend

If they didn't know about GOW until very recently, how are they a game journalist? I stopped reading once they mentioned story stuff so maybe it was hyperbole.

the-pi-guy

I guess they pick and choose what to review. Lets hope they either don't review this, or do and give it 5 stars lol.
They get more freedom to review what they want.  At bigger places, you'd probably get assigned a review if no one else takes it.  

He said that in response to whether he was going to review it.  So I don't think he will.  

Xevross

If they didn't know about GOW until very recently, how are they a game journalist? I stopped reading once they mentioned story stuff so maybe it was hyperbole.
Lol, now you can see why their reviews are so shame.

darkknightkryta

#Believe Where did he get the scar from on his eye?
Just quickly looking at art for the first game, it looks like he's always had it.  Probably from one of his battles before killing Ares.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah seems like it hasn't moved.

30/89 scores are 100 now. Almost as good a ratio as Uncharted 4!

I remember there were 48 reviews when it first updated on meta. 13 of those were perfect scores. Ratio has just kept increasing since then.

TLOU has 42/98 perfect scores by the way. An insane ratio.
TLOU and UC4 both have more hater reviews though. I can't believe GoW still has nothing below 8

Quarter to Three:

I'm feeling lucky.
Huh, is that real? Seem so hipster

Go Up