Max Payne 3 is the best game from Rockstar

Started by Legend, Feb 02, 2020, 09:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

You just know it's going to be a fun thread when I'm discussing my controversial game opinions lol.

To expand on the title, both GTAV and RDR2 are incredibly impressive games and it is unbelievably awesome that games like that can exist. The amount of work that went into them is just insane.

From a player perspective however, I think this makes both games worse off. They are slow to play and strive to mimic reality in an uncanny valley sort of way. Max Payne 3 however was just a fun game.

Xevross

Feb 02, 2020, 10:05 PM Last Edit: Feb 03, 2020, 12:02 AM by Xevross
So your title should read "Max Payne 3 is the most fun game from Rockstar"? :P

BananaKing

It's an absolutely amazing game. I loved it. I wish it was successful so we could have gotten more max Payne games

Dr. Pezus

It really is underrated. Great game. Wish the story was a bit better

Legend

It's an absolutely amazing game. I loved it. I wish it was successful so we could have gotten more max Payne games
At this point I doubt Rockstar will "ever" make a non open world juggernaut again. They have found a formula that prints money.

An open world max payne would be too similar to GTA. Kinda makes sense that according to rumors they are working on a medieval project.

Xevross

To respond properly to this thread, I never played any Max Payne games. I barely played any games like that before this gen, mainly because I couldn't afford many games so I only ever bought ones from my favourite franchises like COD, Assassin's Creed, GTA and f1.

Anyways, I agree with the parts you say about GTA and Red Dead. Control and gameplay wise they certainly aren't fun. Sure you get used to the controls after a while, you get used to the slowness of animations and stuff like that but it never becomes fun. I remember when I used to play GTA online a lot with my friends and I'd complain about the controls so often, it feels like you're controlling a character who's permanently drunk. Only exception is car handling, I fund driving in GTAV super fun.

But yeah, its the stories, content and incredible world building that make GTA and Red Dead so special, you just have to kinda put up with the lackluster feeling gameplay to experience it all. I can't compare it to Max Payne 3, but Uncharted 4 for example feels about 10x better to play as a third person cover shooter.

The opinion you state in the OP is not controversial at all btw, probably 90%+ of gamers would agree.