What CPU?

Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

darkknightkryta

LAunch ps4 games already look dated to me.
I don't think people realize just how much better looking things can get.  I remember when people were saying "Wii graphics are enough"... boy do they look foolish.  I consider Horizon the best looking title released, modded or otherwise, yet it can look so much more better.  We still have a long way before we can get there.

BananaKing

I don't think people realize just how much better looking things can get.  I remember when people were saying "Wii graphics are enough"... boy do they look foolish.  I consider Horizon the best looking title released, modded or otherwise, yet it can look so much more better.  We still have a long way before we can get there.
just look at avatar, transformers or 3D movies like Zootopia or Kung Fu panda 3. there are is still A LOT of way to go. specially when it comes to draw distances and foliage. i think character models in Uncharted 4 and The Order have done a great deal of improvement and are the closest thing to realistic CGI we got in games. PBR is certainly helping but this is the first gen to actually use it, there will no doubt be improvements, and big ones in the years to come.

ethomaz

Mmm_fish_tacos

Thats a great feature to have, but it so limited that almost no one will get use out of it.

ethomaz

Thats a great feature to have, but it so limited that almost no one will get use out of it.
You will probably need a monitor to use it.

There is no HDTV with freesync from what I remember.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 11, 2017, 02:39 PM Last Edit: Apr 11, 2017, 02:43 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
You will probably need a monitor to use it.
Yes, and a monitor that has uses it over hdmi. Most use it over display port.

Well i just checked amazon and the prices hace dropped quite a bit.

27 inch free sync 1m response for 180. Not bad.

ethomaz

Yes, and a monitor that has uses it over hdmi. Most use it over display port.

Well i just checked amazon and the prices hace dropped quite a bit.

27 inch free sync 1m response for 180. Not bad.
You need to check if it support freesync from 30fps... most cheap monitors only supports from 45-50fps that for consoles is a deal breaker.

ethomaz

Legend

Apr 15, 2017, 03:04 PM Last Edit: Apr 15, 2017, 03:13 PM by Legend
Turn out Pro has more Vega features than Scorpio.

Inside the Scorpio Engine: the processor architecture deep dive • Eurogamer.net
That's a long article. What tells us it has less features?

edt: I see scorpio lacks the FP16 optimization Pro has. Not seeing anything else though.

ethomaz

That's a long article. What tells us it has less features?

edt: I see scorpio lacks the FP16 optimization Pro has. Not seeing anything else though.
The CPU differences from a standard Jaguar are better clock frequency and some memory control tricks no explained.

The GPU is basically a Polaris with some Vega features not expecified but lacks some Pro Vega features and probably the idbuffer.

darkknightkryta

Turn out Pro has more Vega features than Scorpio.

Inside the Scorpio Engine: the processor architecture deep dive • Eurogamer.net
Maybe this is why Scorpio was having trouble hitting it's power?  Did MS have to raise the clock speed past what they were expecting to get to their goal?

ethomaz

Legend

Apr 16, 2017, 05:19 PM Last Edit: Apr 16, 2017, 05:21 PM by Legend

Scorpio on top, S on bottom. Seems Scorpio is upside down. Ports are upside down and in inverse order. Would their cooling system make sense to go on the bottom?

They also look very similar in size.

Legend

Scorpio size above XBO S size.

Go Up