trine 3?

Started by kitler53, Aug 31, 2016, 02:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

i loved trine 1. 

i hated trine 2 because the puzzles became too "guided".  the only one way to solve a puzzle instead of many part pissed me off. 

would i like trine 3?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Didn't Trine 3 go full on 3D and ditch 2.5d? I remember hearing that that change hurt the level design.

kitler53

Didn't Trine 3 go full on 3D and ditch 2.5d? I remember hearing that that change hurt the level design.
it is still 2.5 but they switch between x-y axis and x-z axis. 

the-pi-guy

it is still 2.5 but they switch between x-y axis and x-z axis.

It looks pretty 3D.  

ethomaz

Never played because I found the first superior to the second.

Skipped 3rd.

Kerotan

Never played any of them.  Although I have #2 on my ps4, free with ps plus.  Will play it after I clear the ps3 backlog.

kitler53

It looks pretty 3D.  

would you consider LBP (the original) to be 3D then?  because that is close to how trine 3 plays than something that is actually 3D like modern zelda.

the-pi-guy

would you consider LBP (the original) to be 3D then?  because that is close to how trine 3 plays than something that is actually 3D like modern zelda.
LBP has planes.  The movement at 2:20 isn't even close to possible.

Falling while moving left/right and forward.  If that's 2D, then Zelda is too.

kitler53

LBP has planes.  The movement at 2:20 isn't even close to possible.

Falling while moving left/right and forward.  If that's 2D, then Zelda is too.
i hade a typo in my previous post,...  "closer" not "close" is what i meant to say.

@2:20 there is only 1 possible direction of traversal (the z-axis) and a fix camera.  i do not call that 3D.  I'd call that 2.5D.  as an example of what i mean:

ratchet and clank is a 3D game.  the player can control traverse in any direction they want to in all three dimension.

ratchet and clank all 4 one is not 3D.  although graphics are rendered in 3D the gameplay restricts the user to being unable to control the camera and traversal is restricted to be in only one plane at a time.  sometimes you traverse in the x-direction and sometimes the z-direction but at no point in the game does the user have the freedom to choose which direction they traverse.

trine 3 is ratchet and clank all 4 one-esque and not at all like ratchet and clank.

Legend

You're making me question if GOW is 3D or not  ;D

It also has the static camera and is more or less just changing the direction of the 2.5D plane.

the-pi-guy