The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Insomniac gets a new logo - NeoGAF

https://insomniac.games/a-new-look-for-insomniac/
IAs we contemplated a re-brand of our visual identity, we challenged ourselves to “think beyond the moon.” That meant eschewing a simple logo refresh. Instead, we wanted a redesign that reflected our evolution as a studio and as people while retaining some familiarity to our past logo treatments.
 We’re very proud, excited, and yes, a little nervous to reveal our new Insomniac Games logo:

/
 Old one for reference:/
 I like it but not as much as their previous one! Simple, clean and modern.

SWORDF1SH

New logo looks sterile and shame IMHO

Legend

New logo looks sterile and shame IMHO
Agreed. At least the Ns have a bit of flair.

Legend

I don't like the gaming as a service trend.

Microtransactions make rockstar so much money so of course they'd focus on it, but that's not as fun for players who don't care.

Xevross

Microtransactions make rockstar so much money so of course they'd focus on it, but that's not as fun for players who don't care.
Yeah it's pretty upsetting. I just hope their games are amazing to make up for it

BananaKing

L.A noire was made by someone else, not rockstar them selfs. Max Payne, while awesome, sadly didnt succeed financially, so its team was disbanded, and merged with another (Rockstar Toronto). Rock star san diego took a long dog time to make RDR, and they are taking their sweet dog time for RDR2. open world games take a lot more time then they used too, and rockstar certainly take their sweet dog time. from what we know they have 3 teams working on 3 different games. rockstar san diego is working on RDR2, rockstar Toronto are working on a "large scale next gen game" though it might just them be assisting on RDR2 and/or GTA6. and of course Rockstar north are without a doubt working on GTA6. while its sad we are almost 4 years in this gen without a new rockstar game released yet. i doubt it has much to do them with relying on microtransactions as much as it is them just taking time with their games and just being bound by current development standards and time frames

Legend

L.A noire was made by someone else, not rockstar them selfs. Max Payne, while awesome, sadly didnt succeed financially, so its team was disbanded, and merged with another (Rockstar Toronto). Rock star san diego took a long dog time to make RDR, and they are taking their sweet dog time for RDR2. open world games take a lot more time then they used too, and rockstar certainly take their sweet dog time. from what we know they have 3 teams working on 3 different games. rockstar san diego is working on RDR2, rockstar Toronto are working on a "large scale next gen game" though it might just them be assisting on RDR2 and/or GTA6. and of course Rockstar north are without a doubt working on GTA6. while its sad we are almost 4 years in this gen without a new rockstar game released yet. i doubt it has much to do them with relying on microtransactions as much as it is them just taking time with their games and just being bound by current development standards and time frames
Yeah there are reasons, but it's still lame.

Also GTA6 should be out next year based off GTA4, but we all know that's still probably 5 years away.

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Pete Hines
I think you see a lot of developers do that, and quite honestly, if we didn't have folks break from it then you don't get Horizon: Zero Dawn. Like, how unbelievable is that game? And if [Guerrilla] just stayed on that path for what they were known for, you'd never get that game. Why would you ever think that [the creators of Killzone] would do crazy post-retro; futuristic but retro dinosaur. It might be my favorite game this year, and if they didn't break from what they had been doing and try something different, you'd never get that. I think that's true of a lot of studios, right? You don't get The Last of Us if [Naughty Dog] just kept churning out Uncharted games
Bethesda's Pete Hines Praises Guerrilla's Horizon: Zero Dawn, Says It's "Unbelievable"

Legend

So will Bethesda do that too, or just more skyrim?

BananaKing

They been very clear that they won't be a fallout/elder Scrolls machine. There was four years between skyrim and fallout 4, 3 years between fallout 3 and skyrim. We should be hearing about their next game by E3 next year, if they decide they want to announce it early and market it soon.

the-pi-guy

I remember a rumor that said they have a new game or two planned before returning to Elder Scrolls.

But they are pumping out a lot of Skyrim right now. :P

Legend

SWORDF1SH

I just see the UK Assassin's Creed advert and it didn't show any game play at all. Lame!

Go Up