PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Pacing was the only thing I really didn't like about 4.  
I liked it a bit more than 3's pacing.  

But neither hold a candle up to 2.  That game was perfect, in my opinion.  

Glad to hear this has better pacing.  Probably because they had to make a smaller game.  Sometimes having limits allows people to make better games.  

Xevross

Well, I finished it in only 5 hours. But that might be the best 5 hours I've ever had playing video games.

nnodley

Well, I finished it in only 5 hours. But that might be the best 5 hours I've ever had playing video games.
Ha, I'm gonna be more like 8 or so hours.   I'm at 3 right now and still in chapter 4.  Trying to search all of western ghats before moving on.  I really like how they have 1 area that gives tons of freedom(even more than UC4) while still feeling pretty linear.

Xevross

Ha, I'm gonna be more like 8 or so hours.   I'm at 3 right now and still in chapter 4.  Trying to search all of western ghats before moving on.  I really like how they have 1 area that gives tons of freedom(even more than UC4) while still feeling pretty linear.
Yeah I didn't really spend too long in the open world area. I just went from place to place. Its not that big really.

nnodley

Yeah I didn't really spend too long in the open world area. I just went from place to place. Its not that big really.
It's not but there is tons to find which is nice especially cause it doesn't feel like normal collectables.  I literally feel like I'm treasure hunting.  

Xevross

I think chapter 9 may be one of the best action sequences in video game history. Its absolutely amazing :o

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

On chapter 7 in TLL.  Close to 7 hours I think.  The game easily has some of the best puzzles/platforming in the entire series.

Kerotan

Yeah Legend if pacing is your issue with uncharted 4 then this is the game for you.  it cuts out all the slow parts uncharted 4 has and instead the story builds while you're already in the action.

The open area is class and the treasure hunting is so fun there plus the at a certain point of the game you discover something that makes finding the treasures easier.  

To me that made it so fun.  Now I could just enjoy the game and when I was in the vicinity of a treasure I'd then start looking for it.  In past uncharteds I'd be too focused on finding them and not enjoying the game and soaking in the visuals.  Too distracted.  

But yeah this game had everything previous uncharteds have from oopen world,  to set pieces,  good story,  great characters that feel really cool and great gameplay.

Anyway in other news I platinumed crash 2. It's my 60th platinum!

I played crash 1 last month and I'll now take a break from the series again before moving onto crash 3.

Xevross

Anyone playing the COD beta? I'm absolutely loving it. Guns feel great to use again, maps are good, the new class system is interesting and war is my new favourite game mode. Can't wait to check out more maps and weapons.

Could be the best cod since black ops

Legend

Legend

Legend

God of War new info: Hidden questlines, magic, importance of runes in the game etc. - NeoGAF

New info from this podcast with game director Cory Barlog (inerview starts at 7:40):https://secure.cdn.us.playstation.co...podcast_v2.mp3 Hidden questlines, languages in the game - 14:33
Elder Futhark is the base language of the game, but every realm in the game has its own, and for certain realms will be possible to learn their entire language. Translating something back might help to open parts of the game and reveal hidden questlines.

Magic and items - 11:00; 23:09
Magic in the game all involves words, spoken incantations and runes; a earth magic is mentioned for example that involves touching the ground to use parts of something (maybe parts of dead enemies? Parts of the enviroments like rocks and roots/vines?). An item is also mentioned that you can access that Kratos can open for the kid to get pieces of story and recall stories his mother told to him.

Runes and puzzles - 8:07; 20:27
In the game, runes connects the characters to the magic of the world (tattoing a rune on a person, like Atreus, will embue the person with a power) but are also there to create the sense of a barrier between the player/Kratos and the world. Kratos will need the help of Atreus to translate the runes. Some puzzles will involve reading runes and translating them to make a decision.

Differences between greek gods and norse gods - 24:50; 26:40
Nordic gods are vastly different from the greek gods. Balrog compares the greek gods to politicians living in marble palaces that likes to manipulate people into doing things, while he describes the norse gods (Æsir, Vanir and Giants) as more "down to earth". The Æsir are living every moments to its fullest, always ready to "party", fight and drink. The Vanir are living in armony with nature, always seeking balance and are the keepers of magic. The Giants are like "artists" that creates fantastic creations and the ones that are eventually victimized by a never ending war between the other two races.

I took what i thought was new and i hope i didn't forget anything :P Listen to the whole podcast, is very interesting! Also, 3 new concepts art:///

nnodley

It sounds more and more amazing!! Hope they get it out in March 2018

Legend

It sounds more and more amazing!! Hope they get it out in March 2018
Agreed. I'm on media blackout but the stuff that slips through sounds awesome.

Go Up