XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing single post

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

The point that I'm making, Legend, is that each year has seen fewer announced exclusives from Microsoft. Outside of the indie scene. Which is honestly still very small compared to Sony. This year they've announced four new games. ReCore, Gears of War 4, Sea of Thieves, and Halo Wars 2. Two of those games are from arguably fatigued franchises, one we know nothing about, and the other is from a lame studio. That's it. At a time when they should have had a lot more to reveal, that's all we got. Let me ask you this. What happens when all of those games currently on the list release next year? Woohoo! 2016 was a little better than the sparse years preceding it. But, if Microsoft doesn't have a ton of stuff next convention season to announce, where does that leave 2017 and 2018?

A question like that should not even be able to be asked before Year Two is even over yet it's a legit question when you look at the list of upcomings and consider the incredibly limited announcements we got this year. If the Xbox One was getting strong support the retail count wouldn't be about 5-to-1 like it is now, not including the games currently Japan-only. There is no reason to look at Year Three, see 6 or 7 games, and think that it's somehow good. That list of upcoming retails should be, at the very least, twice of what it is now. It's pretty hard to defend that list when it's less than what the Wii U had at around the same time. If the Xbox One is getting handfuls of games while PlayStation 4 is getting truck loads, what kind of image do you think that's going to create?

I think Microsoft's lack of announcements is indicative of a greatly scaled back effort on their part to support the platform. Though that kind of goes without saying since we know almost half their studios were set to work on non-Xbox One software. heck, they pulled the plug on Phantom Dust after barely 6 months of actual development because they didn't want to spend any more than 5 million to revive the IP while expecting it to be a fully featured game with a 30-hour campaign AND multiplayer.
If they're an Xbox One owner then who cares? They already bought the platform. We don't know the numbers on who has what tastes and what games they really want. That's all hindsight. However, the more options you offer the greater the likelihood is that you'll snag more than your competitor.

Now...

I already said I agree with you about 2017 and beyond!

But just to beat a dead horse.

2013 Announcements
Halo 5
Quantum Break
Forza 5
Ryse
Dead Rising 3
D4
Shanghaiist (cancelled)
Titanfall
Killer Instinct
Zoo Tycoon
Fighter Within
Sunset Overdrive
Project Spark
Fable Legends
Kinect Sports Rivals

2014 Announcements
Halo MCC
Gears 4
Scalebound
Phantom Dust (cancelled)
Crackdown 3
Forza Horizon 2
Tomb Raider

2015 Announcements
Sea of Thieves
Recore
Rare Replay
Halo Wars 2

2013 15, 2014 7, 2015 4. It's dropping in half each year. Next year we'll only get two game announcements :(

Meanwhile for Sony just cause I know you love my incomplete lists.

2013 Announcements
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Infamous SS
Deep Down(vaporware)
Uncharted 4
Driveclub
Order 1886
MLB

2014 Announcements
LittleBigPlanet 3
Ratchet and Clank