Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

How much has it sold q1, q2, and q3?

1.88M in Q1. Q2 should get a good boost, going off Japan and NPD so far plus the Fortnite boost, Octopath doing well etc.

Q3 will be massive of course. Just going off Q1 numbers and expecting that to remain conatant is so dumb, and that's not what you do when tracking sales.

Legend

1.88M in Q1. Q2 should get a good boost, going off Japan and NPD so far plus the Fortnite boost, Octopath doing well etc.

Q3 will be massive of course. Just going off Q1 numbers and expecting that to remain conatant is so dumb, and that's not what you do when tracking sales.
Oh yeah I forgot about their year ending in March and that this quarter hasn't finished. Way way way too early to just multiply the number and call it a day lol.

Xevross

Oh yeah I forgot about their year ending in March and that this quarter hasn't finished. Way way way too early to just multiply the number and call it a day lol.
Uhuh, and everyone knows about holiday jumps in sales. I don't think you'd find anyone with more than a few brain cells predicting less than 10M. I hope his 8M isnt a prediction and it's just exaggeration to support his narrative.

darkknightkryta

That's really not what tracking means. Tracking implies you apply some common sense and look at normal trends, he's just multiplied the latest quarter by four.
Yeah he's assuming it's going to sell the same amount for 4 quarters.  Hence his "Tracking" and hence my "Does he take into consideration boosts?  No."

Dr. Pezus

Yeah he's assuming it's going to sell the same amount for 4 quarters.  Hence his "Tracking" and hence my "Does he take into consideration boosts?  No."
He's a professional. Just think about that lol

Kerotan

Ps4 hit 7m in Japan.

Kerotan

7.5m should be this year and 8m first half of next year. 9m by end of next year hopefully and over 10m sometime in 2020. That's my hope and prediction.

Xevross

7.5m should be this year and 8m first half of next year. 9m by end of next year hopefully and over 10m sometime in 2020. That's my hope and prediction.
10M would be a lot more than people were thinking at the start of the gen.

Legend

10M would be a lot more than people were thinking at the start of the gen.
What did PS3 reach?

Kinda nice that Japan stopped declining for every system.

Xevross

What did PS3 reach?

Kinda nice that Japan stopped declining for every system.
Just over 10 million. Yeah I think if PS4 reaches 10.5M it'll be an improvement, which it should do. Many were expecting the decline to continue.

Legend

Just over 10 million. Yeah I think if PS4 reaches 10.5M it'll be an improvement, which it should do. Many were expecting the decline to continue.
Yeah as long as it's not a decline we should party!

Cute Pikachu

Switch is a weird console.

Breath of the Wild is the best selling Zelda ever(even without Wii U version)

Odyssey is close to passing Galaxy 1 for best selling 3D Mario ever.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a shot at 2 Million and is already the best selling game in the series.

Splatoon 2 is expected easily beating the original

Kirby is already in top 3 best selling Kirby games ever.

Mario Tennis Aces will likely be the best selling Mario Tennis game ever in a year or so.

New IPs like ARMS and 1 2 Switch have sold 2 Million+

Wii U ports that have outsold their previous Wii U versions :

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Bayonetta 2
Pokken Tournament DX
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Third Party Collabs have been major successes in Mario and Rabbids and Octopath.

Only things that have tI ally done bad from Nintendo are Sushi Striker and Labo somewhat( we will see this holidays).

It's strange, how did Nintendo create a console ecosystem where the fanbase is buying literally every major game more than ever?

I mean Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, and Bayonetta 3 are expected to follow this as well.

Smash Bros Ultimate is pacing to be the biggest debut for a Nintendo game ever.

Pokémon Let's Go is a wildcard.

Super Mario Party has strong interest according to insiders and may be the best selling game in the franchise since MP8.

How is Nintendo getting people to pick these games up in droves. Y'all got ideas?
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

DerNebel

Aug 24, 2018, 05:12 PM Last Edit: Aug 24, 2018, 05:16 PM by DerNebel
-

darkknightkryta

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a shot at 2 Million and is already the best selling game in the series.

Mario Tennis Aces will likely be the best selling Mario Tennis game ever in a year or so.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Bayonetta 2
Pokken Tournament DX

Third Party Collabs have been major successes in Mario and Rabbids and Octopath.

Only things that have tI ally done bad from Nintendo are Sushi Striker and Labo somewhat( we will see this holidays).

It's strange, how did Nintendo create a console ecosystem where the fanbase is buying literally every major game more than ever?

I mean Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, and Bayonetta 3 are expected to follow this as well.

Super Mario Party has strong interest according to insiders and may be the best selling game in the franchise since MP8.

How is Nintendo getting people to pick these games up in droves. Y'all got ideas?
I guess you have to ask why those same people didn't buy the Wii U.  I say that rhetorically cause I have no clue.

Legend

Aug 24, 2018, 06:44 PM Last Edit: Aug 25, 2018, 02:22 PM by Legend

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Bayonetta 2
Pokken Tournament DX

It's a cool console that fans don't have to defend liking. Gamecube was great for kids, Wii was great for casuals, and Wii U was great for die hards, but Switch is great for pretty much everyone who likes Nintendo. Pretty much the only crowd that wasn't catered to was the graphics crowd.

Go Up