VizionEck VS VGChartz: which is the better forum?

Started by Legend, Sep 01, 2014, 02:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I guess that depends on your orientation

Laying down of course. 

kitler53

VGChartz is light when it comes to moderating offenders.

You have people on that site that get banned multiple times for the same dang shame.

On GAF if the same thing happens - they get demoted to Junior member if the offense is minor and if they do it again permabanned.

You got people on VGChartz getting banned multiple times a year for shitposting and yet they are given a short ban notice or their history is swept under the rug for the reason of being "popular" or "active".

That is why - if you let poisonous shame grow - it becomes a infestation which is what you see as a result.

As for the forum growing and becoming like it - it is inevitable - people are different and there are always good AND bad apples in every tree. It not matters how it becomes - it only matters how the management/owners of the forum handle weeding out the good and bad apples apart from each other.

VGChartz obviously has failed on that numerous times despite having more moderators than most forums but I guess that is what happens when you have lazy/lax/non-existent leadership - it tends to rub on you as well.

hey now, i like the "i'm popular so i can get away with shiting on others" moderation loophole.  it saves my dog daily.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Aura7541

VGChartz is light when it comes to moderating offenders.

You have people on that site that get banned multiple times for the same dang shame.

On GAF if the same thing happens - they get demoted to Junior member if the offense is minor and if they do it again permabanned.

You got people on VGChartz getting banned multiple times a year for shitposting and yet they are given a short ban notice or their history is swept under the rug for the reason of being "popular" or "active".

That is why - if you let poisonous shame grow - it becomes a infestation which is what you see as a result.

As for the forum growing and becoming like it - it is inevitable - people are different and there are always good AND bad apples in every tree. It not matters how it becomes - it only matters how the management/owners of the forum handle weeding out the good and bad apples apart from each other.

VGChartz obviously has failed on that numerous times despite having more moderators than most forums but I guess that is what happens when you have lazy/lax/non-existent leadership - it tends to rub on you as well.

Reading through Chartz's forum rules, there aren't any rules against shitposting. So repeat offenders get banned for being flamey or trolly while shitposting, but not actually for shitposting, itself. This creates a massive loophole where members can shitpost without getting moderated because they can do it without flaming or trolling. The "I'm popular or active so I can get away with shitposting" loophole also contributes to the toxicity.

I have been in forums, though not video game forums, with a lot of people that aren't so toxic. It's a matter of having the right people, an effective mod team, and set of rules that do not contain massive loopholes.

kitler53

alright guys,.. lets add a rule to the moderation manifesto that prevents shitposting sony.  fudgy with nintendo/ms/pc fans can be our novel idea that ramps up userbase!!!

Legend

alright guys,.. lets add a rule to the moderation manifesto that prevents shitposting sony.  fudgy with nintendo/ms/pc fans can be our novel idea that ramps up userbase!!!

Or we do that but for xbox. Make them our prefered system.  That'd really bring some members as ps fans feel the need to fight back and defend.

kitler53

Or we do that but for xbox. Make them our prefered system.  That'd really bring some members as ps fans feel the need to fight back and defend.

well i'll tell you this,.. if you persue the bot rpg idea you better turn them into a pokemon-esque pet players can train and love and have to feed or they will die.  you could even have costume dlc microtransactions to pay for the site's upkeep.

Legend

well i'll tell you this,.. if you persue the bot rpg idea you better turn them into a pokemon-esque pet players can train and love and have to feed or they will die.  you could even have costume dlc microtransactions to pay for the site's upkeep.

Haha I'm not pursuing the RPG idea any time soon. Someone else would have to do it.

Xevross

Vizioneck has become an xbox one exclusive confirmed?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well a fun gimmick we could do is make the forum itself a game. I mean Fish and I have wanted to turn the shop into a fully fledged RPG for months.

However that's not going to bring in a lot of people.

How about cards? An RPG played with cards. Cards could be sold in the shop. They could also be handed out at random for post and making threads. Each member would then equip their deck. In which they can dual any member they wish at any time providing they both have a full deck. Random "cpu" battles can happen this way too. Cards can be anything from gear to moves or even spells. I think it would be pretty simple, we just need to look at other battle card games to come with with something simple and that works well. We can even "copy" some cards to make our job easier. Of course there wouldn't be any artwork to go with them simply because it would require way to much work.

BasilZero

That means.......there's a chance for a PC version :O!

Mmm_fish_tacos

That means.......there's a chance for a PC version :O!

A chance? There will be a PC Port

Aura7541

Psh, everyone knows it's going to be an Ouya exclusive!

BasilZero

Aura7541

My god, some people on VGC just really grind my gears -_-"

Go Up