VizionEck VS VGChartz: which is the better forum?

Started by Legend, Sep 01, 2014, 02:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

I feel that much of Chartz's activity is dependent on threads that have controversial titles. Another problem I have is the amount of toxicity and s***posting, which led to me becoming uninterested in Chartz anymore and even drove out my favorite user, Tachikoma.

What I like about here is that the quality of discussion is way higher. Even when people disagree, they do it respectfully. Only problem I have with Vizioneck is the lack of activity, but I believe that can be solved with time. I have had more enjoyment commenting here and on GAF than on Chartz.

That was my main reason for leaving too. That place is toxic to the shaming level lol.

Legend

I still think we should do that. I'm not sure how it should play out though. 

We use bots!!!

Bot NPCs randomly show up in threads, as posts between posts. Certain NPCs are more likely to show up in different boards.

Each NPC has its buy/sell options, and of course you can attempt to fight them if you desire. While interacting with an NPC, other players can invade and force you into a PVP fight.

BasilZero

We use bots!!!

Bot NPCs randomly show up in threads, as posts between posts. Certain NPCs are more likely to show up in different boards.

Each NPC has its buy/sell options, and of course you can attempt to fight them if you desire. While interacting with an NPC, other players can invade and force you into a PVP fight.

Vizioneck RPG.

GOTY edition

Aura7541

That was my main reason for leaving too. That place is toxic to the shaming level lol.

To think that a forum with very stringent rules like Chartz contains so much toxicity.

Mmm_fish_tacos

To think that a forum with very stringent rules like Chartz contains so much toxicity.

It's just to many people that hate each other gathering in one place. We are small, but if we where to grow we could face the same issues. We need more users for higher activity but no so many that this ends up vgchartz 2.0.

Mmm_fish_tacos

We use bots!!!

I was thinking bots could play a roll as well. How would a fight play out?

Legend

I was thinking bots could play a roll as well. How would a fight play out?

Could be like a standard rpg fight right? Turn based but real time. Only shorter so they just take a minute or two.

The invasion system guarantees both users are online and ready to fight so we wouldn't need to worry about one member or the other being away from keyboard.

Aura7541

It's just to many people that hate each other gathering in one place. We are small, but if we where to grow we could face the same issues. We need more users for higher activity but no so many that this ends up vgchartz 2.0.

GAF has even more people than Chartz, but is a lot less toxic, in my opinion. If a user is being disruptive and s***posting, the mod team deals with that user swiftly. I really believe that having an anti-s***post policy prevents the quality of discussion from deteriorating and threads from getting derailed.

In addition, the major selling point of Chartz was that it has sales numbers to each system (though it is nearly 2 months behind now, lol). That will inherently invite a lot of console wars mentality to the threads. Vizioneck's selling point, on the other hand, is not about sales.

BasilZero

May 24, 2015, 03:46 AM Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:49 AM by BasilZero

VGChartz is light when it comes to moderating offenders.

You have people on that site that get banned multiple times for the same dang shame.

On GAF if the same thing happens - they get demoted to Junior member if the offense is minor and if they do it again permabanned.

You got people on VGChartz getting banned multiple times a year for shitposting and yet they are given a short ban notice or their history is swept under the rug for the reason of being "popular" or "active".

That is why - if you let poisonous shame grow - it becomes a infestation which is what you see as a result.

As for the forum growing and becoming like it - it is inevitable - people are different and there are always good AND bad apples in every tree. It not matters how it becomes - it only matters how the management/owners of the forum handle weeding out the good and bad apples apart from each other.

VGChartz obviously has failed on that numerous times despite having more moderators than most forums but I guess that is what happens when you have lazy/lax/non-existent leadership - it tends to rub on you as well.

Legend

... Vizioneck's selling point, on the other hand, is not about sales.

We have a selling point?!?!?

Aura7541

May 24, 2015, 03:56 AM Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:03 AM by Aura7541

We have a selling point?!?!?

Why yes. The selling point is you being awesome ;)

My more serious answer will be that the community here is respectful.

BananaKing

Vizioneck is heaven on earth. :)
Chartz is ok.

come on dude, nobody likes a suck up.

Xevross

come on dude, nobody likes a suck up.

I'd enjoy a suck up

the-pi-guy

I'd enjoy a suck up

I'd much prefer a suck down. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'd much prefer a suck down.