VizionEck Forum 2.0 is just a few weeks away, progress report thread

Started by Legend, May 10, 2015, 08:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I'm not sure about the icons. The front index at the very minimum still needs some tweeks.

It's hard because we're supporting mobile too this time around. On desktop there's plenty of room to through the icons back in, but on mobile they take up like a fourth of the width.

For the moment I've decided to remove custom colors from thread titles, so that then the color itself can show the information. Normal white means new posts, grey means no new posts, and deepskyblue means a direct action like being quoted or mentioned.

Also I've got the width all sorted out. It's now 85% of the screen width instead of 75%. Then it has a min width of 720px and a max width of 1430px.

provided the color of blue you choose is legible (which isn't always the case) this sounds like a sensible rework of the idea.  probably better really as the thread i posted in vs thread i haven't posted in idea seemed to overly complicate the core idea.

also i can't log into the new site.  i'll assume that means i'm permabanned once the new site rolls out which is another sensible rework of the original idea.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

I don't like how it leaves a bigger gap at the sides but apart from that I prefer everything about the look and layout of 2.0

how so?  looks basically the same to me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

provided the color of blue you choose is legible (which isn't always the case) this sounds like a sensible rework of the idea.  probably better really as the thread i posted in vs thread i haven't posted in idea seemed to overly complicate the core idea.

also i can't log into the new site.  i'll assume that means i'm permabanned once the new site rolls out which is another sensible rework of the original idea.

Oh don't worry, there's still a participation icon to show which threads you've posted in. I love it!

It's just a user option and disabled by default.

You can't log in because your account doesn't exist. It's a test site right now so we need to test registration too. Use a fake email if you like.

I don't like how it leaves a bigger gap at the sides but apart from that I prefer everything about the look and layout of 2.0

On screens wider than 1682px is the gap significantly bigger than the current one. The reason for this is primarily because the gaps keep the forum a good aspect ratio so that paragraphs take up more than one line. It really looks much better this way, and allows fun custom backgrounds too!

But if after a while with 2.0 you still would prefer smaller gaps, I can add it in as a user option.

Xevross

how so?  looks basically the same to me.

Margains at the side are bigger on 2.0, looks quite obvious to me. Maybe its different for different browsers? I'm on chrome

Xevross

Oh don't worry, there's still a participation icon to show which threads you've posted in. I love it!

It's just a user option and disabled by default.

You can't log in because your account doesn't exist. It's a test site right now so we need to test registration too. Use a fake email if you like.

On screens wider than 1682px is the gap significantly bigger than the current one. The reason for this is primarily because the gaps keep the forum a good aspect ratio so that paragraphs take up more than one line. It really looks much better this way, and allows fun custom backgrounds too!

But if after a while with 2.0 you still would prefer smaller gaps, I can add it in as a user option.

Oh okay that makes sense, I'm sure I'll like it once I get used to it

Legend

Margains at the side are bigger on 2.0, looks quite obvious to me. Maybe its different for different browsers? I'm on chrome

It's different on different screen sizes. 0 to 720px have no border, 720 to around 840 have a border much smaller than the one we have here, 840 to 1682 have a very slighter larger border, and 1682 on up is when the boarder becomes significantly large.

Legend

I'm going a bit deep into the new shop hahaha. Getting it fully setup so that if in the future we do decide to get the forum RPG game going, we have a core system that supports it.

Go Up