PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Do you have ue4 on you pc? IF so can you load it and let me know if it looks low res to you? RE4 is the only thing I seem to have problems looking low res. It's make it a pain for text.
No sorry the last time I touched Unreal was 2 years ago on a school computer. Don't remember it being low res though.

Does ue4 still look bad if you have it in a small window?

Mmm_fish_tacos

No sorry the last time I touched Unreal was 2 years ago on a school computer. Don't remember it being low res though.

Does ue4 still look bad if you have it in a small window?
Yeah, I think so .

Oddly enough the launcher looks fine. It's just tge engine.

Mmm_fish_tacos

dang it. I'm following a 3rd person tutorial, on how to start from scratch. I didn't need to do this because there's a blueprint already but i though it would help me understand it more. And my character I imported has a low arm during animations and i can't figure out how to get it back up where it should go. When I pull up the mess the arm  is fine, and only happens during animations. And it seems to affect all animations.

Mmm_fish_tacos

This isn't what I had in mind when I set up the camera.

Dr. Pezus

Ori and the Blind Forest is 75% off on Steam o.O. Only $4.99

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  (PC)PSA: Ori and the Blind Forest 75%off  - 4.99$ @Steam (possible price mistake)

This definitely isn't intentional, guys. So I'm happy for everyone who got Ori at that price... but dang, I hope we'll be getting paid for this mess-up :( :( :(

Mmm_fish_tacos

Ori and the Blind Forest is 75% off on Steam o.O. Only $4.99
It's worth 5 bucks if you like that style of game. Regret paying full price for it.

Dr. Pezus

Price got fixed 5 minutes after I bought it lol

It's worth 5 bucks if you like that style of game. Regret paying full price for it.
I'm not sure what it plays like but it looks very good

Mmm_fish_tacos

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

dang it. So I was building my 3rd person game from scratch. Followed everything to the T. What happend when I went to test it?

Well AWSD all acted like the same function. After about an hour checking and double checking I said fudge it. Closed it down opened the pre made 3rd person Blueprint and everything is the the same. I can't find a single difference. I actually believe this is the blue print he builds in the videos. And I know this because he set some stupid high jump and it is still present in the 3rd person blueprint. Anyway, I'll just go off the pre made like I had planned all a long. I really wish I could figure it out though. It's just not worth the frustration, because I'm sure later down the road I'll want to Hulk smash my PC.

I did learn some, so it wasn't all lost.

I already got the Speed and jump and stuff set the way I think I want it for now. Took All of 10 mins.

Legend

dang it. So I was building my 3rd person game from scratch. Followed everything to the T. What happend when I went to test it?

Well AWSD all acted like the same function. After about an hour checking and double checking I said fudge it. Closed it down opened the pre made 3rd person Blueprint and everything is the the same. I can't find a single difference. I actually believe this is the blue print he builds in the videos. And I know this because he set some stupid high jump and it is still present in the 3rd person blueprint. Anyway, I'll just go off the pre made like I had planned all a long. I really wish I could figure it out though. It's just not worth the frustration, because I'm sure later down the road I'll want to Hulk smash my PC.

I did learn some, so it wasn't all lost.

I already got the Speed and jump and stuff set the way I think I want it for now. Took All of 10 mins.
Welcome to the world of unskilled debugging!

I hate it when I get two identical looking things yet one is broken. I always end up removing feature after feature until it starts working again. Remove the fluff and hopefully find the bug, you know. What is really frustrating is when you get down to a SINGLE line of code left, which is 100% equal to the working version, and yet it still doesn't work. That's when you find out you've really screwed things up.

Web dev is more like that then game dev though. With this forum I have zero debugging tools and can't even print debug info easily.

With Unity and I imagine blueprint, you have tons of tools at your disposal to quickly narrow in on the problem. I'd highly recommend finding a tutorial on how to use them. It'll save you tons of time.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So I figured out how to import models from blender to UE4.

How do you guys feels about using other peoples models in your game?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

So I figured out how to import models from blender to UE4.

How do you guys feels about using other peoples models in your game?
Don't do it, unless you're only using it as a placeholder.

Even free games have to follow copyright laws.

If you can make sure the models are open source or have licensing allowing it, then even still I think it's best to not use them. You want your game to be one of a kind.

Anyone going windows 10 day one?
Probably not day one. Will wait to see how compatible it is with my dev programs.

Aura7541

Anyone going windows 10 day one?
Not day one. I'll read other people's impressions on it before I decide.

Go Up