Xbox Music rebranded as "Groove", Xbox Video now "Movies & TV"

Started by Legend, Jul 06, 2015, 08:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Xbox Music rebranded as "Groove", Xbox Video now "Movies & TV" - NeoGAF

/What's new with entertainment on Windows 10? Let's start with Music. Our fans asked for faster ways to access the music they love - quickly, efficiently, and on their favorite devices. And for that, we're proud to introduce the evolution of our current Xbox Music experience, now titled Groove, with new features we think you're going to love. Groove describes what people feel and do with music, and is more intuitive for our Windows 10 customers on what they'll find with the app. And along with Groove, you'll also find Xbox Video has also been renamed to Movies & TV, making the content in the app more identifiable for our broad customer base.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...in-windows-10/ Huh...

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Funny because like two years ago it was rebranded to XBOX. Interesting that they are doubling down on XBOX being only games.

Aura7541

Groove reminds me of Grooveshark (which is now dead).

darkknightkryta

Groove reminds me of Grooveshark (which is now dead).
What was Grooveshark?

Aura7541

What was Grooveshark?
It's similar to Spotify where you can stream music for free. Grooveshark got shut down because it failed to obtain rights.

BananaKing

Aura7541

groove?

In all seriousness, Groove is not a good name. I wish MS reuses the Zune brand, but it got crushed by the iPod so I guess MS doesn't want the negativity.