Wait, is No Man's Sky going to cost $60?

Started by Legend, Jul 06, 2015, 06:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I had always just assumed it was a $20 title, yet lately I've seen a fair amount of people expecting it to be full priced.

What are your thoughts?

Dr. Pezus

DD_Bwest

Legend

DD_Bwest

That's so much!
did we have a thread about finding alien life?   I have a vague memory of it but cant remember

BananaKing

That's so much!
why? even if it were 60 seems like a fair price to me. of course, i would love it if it were 20$ :D

Mmm_fish_tacos

I don't think it's a full price title. 30 would have been my guess. Seems DOA if it's a 60 dollar game.

Legend

did we have a thread about finding alien life?   I have a vague memory of it but cant remember
We've had threads about it and we have a general science thread.
why? even if it were 60 seems like a fair price to me. of course, i would love it if it were 20$ :D
Game prices are interesting.

Would $60 feel like a fair price for VizionEck?

Xevross

I really was surprised when I saw it was full price on amazon. Then again, it has a ridiculously large amount of content.

kitler53

seems worth the price tag of $60 to me.  hell of a lot more game than most titles these days.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

We've had threads about it and we have a general science thread.Game prices are interesting.

Would $60 feel like a fair price for VizionEck?
personally i feel like 15$-20$ seems like the best price for VizionEck. i think that price would bring in the most people while still retaining the games value.

seems worth the price tag of $60 to me.  hell of a lot more game than most titles these days.
fudge it, if some emotes in destiny cost like 20$ bucks then 60$ for this game doesnt seem so much xD

Legend

personally i feel like 15$-20$ seems like the best price for VizionEck. i think that price would bring in the most people while still retaining the games value.
Yeah I agree at $20 too, but what is the difference? Why is $20 a fair price for V, while $60 is fair for nms?

Basically, how do you personally value videogames?

kitler53

Jul 07, 2015, 02:03 PM Last Edit: Jul 07, 2015, 02:05 PM by kitler53
Yeah I agree at $20 too, but what is the difference? Why is $20 a fair price for V, while $60 is fair for nms?

Basically, how do you personally value videogames?
first and foremost,.. graphics.  

talking in general not me specifically.  you'll get crucified at $20, imo.  nms looks better and people are a bit more forgiving to open world games.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BasilZero

Legend

first and foremost,.. graphics.  

talking in general not me specifically.  you'll get crucified at $20, imo.  nms looks better and people are a bit more forgiving to open world games.  
I saw a thread on GAF about video game prices, and am wondering about how different people think about it. I'm kinda the same as you kitler. I pay $60 for the big graphics and large scale only possible with a full sized dev team.

VizionEck at $20 is a steal! Plus that's the standard price for high quality indies atm.

Go Up