Horizon: Zero Dawn Announced (Guerrilla Games)

Started by ethomaz, Jun 16, 2015, 04:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I loved everything about the trailer shown at E3... This game got me pumped up! ;D
Yeah the transition from narrative to gameplay was incredible. I'm kinda shocked that reveals haven't done it like that before.

Definitely see it becoming super popular for next e3.

darkknightkryta

Yeah the transition from narrative to gameplay was incredible. I'm kinda shocked that reveals haven't done it like that before.

For new IPs this is how it needs to be done.  Give a little bit of lore so people understand what they're going to see next.

Aura7541

At first, I thought it was only to be a CGI teaser and then I got all excited when it transitioned to gameplay.

the-pi-guy

I think that was a great way to reveal.
Get to see gameplay and get to see story and sometimes story gets me more excited.  

kitler53

I think that was a great way to reveal.
Get to see gameplay and get to see story and sometimes story gets me more excited.  
i like story too but i really appreciate what they did with horizon.  i think half the reason people were so disappointed about the order 1886 is a lot of people walked away from the original trailer thinking it was a 4 person co-op shooter instead of a cinematic story driven shooter.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

some things i am wondering about Horizon

can you combat and fight humans? realistically this should be a thing. and it would be kinda disappointing if you couldnt at all.

is there customization for the character? i mean what she wears and such?

and will there be natural wild life that i can hunt and fight like bears?

Xevross

can you combat and fight humans? realistically this should be a thing. and it would be kinda disappointing if you couldnt at all.

Yes you can fight other humans, they confirmed it but I can't remember where.
The only customisation I remember them talking about is passive skills and crafting but I hope there's more.
There is some natural wildlife but they didn't say anything about hunting.

Legend

You'll probably be able to fish and catch birds, but there are no bears. All the large animals are dead.

BananaKing

Jul 08, 2015, 02:43 PM Last Edit: Jul 08, 2015, 02:44 PM by NotBananaKing
You'll probably be able to fish and catch birds, but there are no bears. All the large animals are dead.
i remember they saying that a lot of animals are dead. but did they confirm that there will be no large animal hunting at all?

Yes you can fight other humans, they confirmed it but I can't remember where.
The only customisation I remember them talking about is passive skills and crafting but I hope there's more.
There is some natural wildlife but they didn't say anything about hunting.
im interested to see how humans fight other humans. the battles against the robots is certainly well made and intense, but can GG provide a human vs human combat that is as compelling and intense? i hope so, i really do. though i doubt it.

i hope there is cumstomisations for things that is just about looks as well. i want aloy to look as badass as possible.

Legend

i remember they saying that a lot of animals are dead. but did they confirm that there will be no large animal hunting at all?
They didn't outright say one thing or another, except that all the animals are hiding.

Xevross

Horizon's combat, world and RPG systems explained by Guerrilla

| GamesRadar

Best bits:

The game will have some sort of online component according to Jan. "The core of the game is a single player experience, but there are certain social features in there".
• Hunting isn't the only option with robots, although "the other interactions you can have [is] something we're not going into yet". When asked directly if you could get on a large plate-headed robot's head, Jan answered, "that is something you will see later".

Xevross

I need this game in my life

BananaKing

I need this game in my life
this game has SO much potential. its been in development for 4.5 years now, they had the time to reach that potential. the reveal trailer showed quite a lot and it feels that there is SOOO much more left to be answered just yet.

Xevross

this game has SO much potential. its been in development for 4.5 years now, they had the time to reach that potential. the reveal trailer showed quite a lot and it feels that there is SOOO much more left to be answered just yet.
I know! If the "certain social features" means co-op then this is just going to be incredible

BananaKing

Go Up