Uncomfirmed: Crytek haven't paid Bulgaria employees in 3 months

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 10, 2016, 02:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Crytek haven't paid their employees in Bulgaria in 3 months - NeoGAF

Source: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13140938
 Unconfirmed, but I guess with all the past reports there is a good chance this is legit.
 This was just posted on the popular news.ycombinator.com board by user "cryteksofia" which was registered 30min ago.
Crytek haven't paid their employees in Bulgaria in 3 months and all workers in that office are currently owed 3 full salaries. The company is not looking to pay these salaries any time soon and have spent the last few months lying about the availability of this money in order to keep as many employees as possible.
 The Yerli brothers (Avni, Cevat and Faruk) are now looking at the second delay in the last 6 months (after finishing up a delay of 2 months just before the current one) and the third payment delay in the last two years.
 The former director of the Sofia studio, Vesselin Handjiev, left several months ago and the studio is entirely at the mercy of Crytek Frankfurt's leadership, which has proved to be unsuccessful in stemming the current bleeding for 6 months.
 Anyone who has an offer or is otherwise considering joining Crytek is advised to steer their ship elsewhere, as the current situation is rumored to apply to all studios within the company, even after the closure and selling off of several of the Crytek studios around the world.

Again, slight chance this is fake, I can't confirm it, just thought I would share it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1305875

kitler53

all i'm going to say is if i went 1 month without getting paid i wouldn't still be working  for them. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Crytek is having lots of issues these days. Do they even have any games in development?

nnodley

all i'm going to say is if i went 1 month without getting paid i wouldn't still be working  for them.
In reality a lot of people in the game industry do 80 hour work weeks sometimes for months that are not even crunch time and only get paid for 40 hours.  It's complete battleship that needs to be worked out, but won't any time soon.  Even though they are still getting paid but are way overworked.  There is a reason Bruce Straley is taking a year off.  Too much overworking that is super detrimental to their physical and mental well-being.

the-pi-guy

In reality a lot of people in the game industry do 80 hour work weeks sometimes for months that are not even crunch time and only get paid for 40 hours.  It's complete battleship that needs to be worked out, but won't any time soon.  Even though they are still getting paid but are way overworked.  There is a reason Bruce Straley is taking a year off.  Too much overworking that is super detrimental to their physical and mental well-being.
These guys aren't getting paid at all.

nnodley

These guys aren't getting paid at all.
Yeah I know but the industry as a whole is shaming when it comes to paying people properly.  Crytek is just shame though and I don't even know how they even have studios open anymore.  Especially this one.

Kerotan

And their Bulgarian wages would be tiny anyway when you translate it to euros so crytek must be in a bad way if it's come to this.