The Last Guardian Review Thread: 79 OC (77 Reviews) 82 MC (109 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Dec 05, 2016, 02:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Rorono

ethomaz

Quote from: LightOfTruth
I was interested in the updated distribution of scores so I went ahead and did that (I only copy and pasted scores from the OP - 61 samples as of writing).

I gotta it was really interesting that metacritic's score matched the mean so closely despite the skew. Maybe metacritic's statistic scales really well as the number of samples increase?

The mode is a 9 btw. Seems most reviewers loved it.

Riderz1337

PPL on GAF trying to argue 83 metacritic is a "divisive" score. The fudge what is going on with standards in games now...

Is a 90 metacritic a "good" game? =/
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Bryank75

The nerve of IGN givin it 70 and DR4 81... They really have no clue. Marty gave a lego game a 90 though, what more could I expect.

Raven

The nerve of IGN givin it 70 and DR4 81... They really have no clue. Marty gave a lego game a 90 though, what more could I expect.
Different strokes for different folks, my friend. Whoever reviewed The Last Guardian didn't like it as much as whoever reviewed Dead Rising 4. It's a problem with larger publications. I'm sure someone at IGN would have given TLG a 9 but the person chosen to do the review gave it a 7 and no matter how much and how many people at IGN disagree, that's what their score for the game is. I'm sure they have some kind of system in place to make sure the person isn't being a total dogsombrero as well as not mindlessly singing praise to a broken game, but there is only so much you can mitigate. Just be thankful no one takes Quarter to Three seriously anymore, if anyone ever did. That place intentionally nuggets on games in its reviews for clicks and the site owner has jumped in to more or less tell people to piss off for not agreeing with the score.

Bryank75

Different strokes for different folks, my friend. Whoever reviewed The Last Guardian didn't like it as much as whoever reviewed Dead Rising 4. It's a problem with larger publications. I'm sure someone at IGN would have given TLG a 9 but the person chosen to do the review gave it a 7 and no matter how much and how many people at IGN disagree, that's what their score for the game is. I'm sure they have some kind of system in place to make sure the person isn't being a total dog wearing a hat as well as not mindlessly singing praise to a broken game, but there is only so much you can mitigate. Just be thankful no one takes Quarter to Three seriously anymore, if anyone ever did. That place intentionally nuggets on games in its reviews for clicks and the site owner has jumped in to more or less tell people to piss off for not agreeing with the score.
Yeah, I had a longish exchange  with Tom after UC4 launched. The WaPo had atrociously bad review that we started a petition about. I was wondering if he was going to review but seems like he refrained. He was extremely courtious and follows me since.

Xevross

Its not as good as I had hoped but I guess the technical issus + it not being to some people's taste dragged it down a lot. Still, I don't think this will harm sales at all. People who thought they might like it probably will and reviews will have told them that.

I don't follow IGN reviews any more, or IGN at all actually. They are way too inconsistent.

Aura7541

Its not as good as I had hoped but I guess the technical issus + it not being to some people's taste dragged it down a lot. Still, I don't think this will harm sales at all. People who thought they might like it probably will and reviews will have told them that.

I don't follow IGN reviews any more, or IGN at all actually. They are way too inconsistent.
Well, it's out of stock on Amazon so there's that :P

ethomaz

More perfect scores and OC broke 80.

Legend

ethomaz

Nobody stops this catbird.

Rise to 84 Meta with more perfect scores added.

Aura7541

Nobody stops this catbird.

Rise to 84 Meta with more perfect scores added.
RIP Azzanation's prediction, lol.

the-pi-guy

DF: The Last Guardian Tech Analysis: Nine Years of Development in 14 Minutes - NeoGAF

Tom tracks the development of The Last Guardian from its original target render right through to the technical make-up of the final game. It's a remarkable journey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzVgXBgUn68

Kerotan

Up to 84 now!

RIP Azzanation's prediction, lol.
Lololololol.  He's like crapgamerreviews just praying for something bad to happen.  Back to reality my friend!

Legend

Up to 84 now!
Lololololol.  He's like crapgamerreviews just praying for something bad to happen.  Back to reality my friend!
You mean down to 83.  :'(

Go Up