General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Okay, so apparently Verendus was banned on Gaf, what was the reason?
Faked FFXV impressions.

Xbro

3 people like this

Legend

Was he hired to do that?
No. He just acted like he had inside knowledge about it when he didn't.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Longest down time ever.

the-pi-guy

Thinking of getting a Project Fi phone.  Thoughts?

Never mind, I just looked at phone prices.  :o

Legend

Longest down time ever.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;max-width:560px;"><div style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:0px;height:0;overflow:hidden;" class="youtube S53fZTbKHG0?&amp;autoplay=1"> <iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S53fZTbKHG0?&amp;autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div><br>

Xevross

Just saw a rogue one advert on Facebook and there was loads of disgusting sexist comments in it. I just can't believe that shame.

Star wars has a male lead for 6 films and then it gets 2 female leads in a row and suddenly its sexist against men? Wtf.

the-pi-guy

Just saw a rogue one advert on Facebook and there was loads of disgusting sexist comments in it. I just can't believe that shame.
Star wars has a male lead for 6 films and then it gets 2 female leads in a row and suddenly its sexist against men? Wtf.
Those people are gross.  
I really hate stuff like that.  

Legend

Animatronics are almost past the uncanny valley.

Aura7541

The #DumpKelloggs movement is equally as dumb.

the-pi-guy

Dec 12, 2016, 05:58 PM Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016, 05:59 PM by the-pi-guy
reddit.com: over 18?

I heard this story a few times before, but I expected it to be one of those random stories someone made up. 
The kind that people send emails of all the time, and the kind that basically end in "That man's name....  Albert Einstein."

But this looks to be the original. 

Also lol:
Somewhere in an alternate universe...
"Papa Johns, will this be for delivery or carry-out?"
"123 Main St."
"Ok, then. Delivery it is. What would you like?"
"I'd like for my husband to stop beating me." (oh great, another prank call).
"Ma'am, you've reached Papa Johns."
"Yeah, I know. Can I have a husband who doesn't physically and emotionally abuse me?"
"Ummm…. I'm sorry, you know you've called Papa Johns right?"
"Yeah, do you know how long it will be?"
"Ok, Ma'am, is everything ok over there? Do you want a pizza or not?"
"Yes, I do."
"..And if you call 911 he'll just kill you when he gets out of jail but a drunk man will stop anything to eat a pizza?" (moment of realization)
"Yes, that's correct. Do you know how long it will be?"
"I have a delivery man about a mile from your location. Is there any parmesan cheese in your house?"
"Nope."
"We've got you covered. Thank you for calling Papa Johns."
"See you soon, thanks!"

the-pi-guy

Been getting this ad.  :o

darkknightkryta

Animatronics are almost past the uncanny valley.

Yeah

the-pi-guy

"IS THERE A DOCTOR?"

"I'm a doctor!"

"Doctor, can you help this man?"

"Oh, you mean a medical doctor.... about that." 

-How to let your friends know you have a PhD. 

Legend

Random lesson in copyright law.

Mickey Mouse is a trademark, not a copyright. If Disney fails to get copyrights extended by 2023, Steamboat Willy will enter the public domain. That however will not make it legal for other companies to start using Mickey Mouse in cartoons or movies. Disney still uses Mickey for modern marketing so his trademark stays valid.

Go Up