What games are you going to buy this year?

Started by Xevross, Jan 30, 2019, 08:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Jan 30, 2019, 08:04 PM Last Edit: Jan 30, 2019, 10:51 PM by Xevross
I was thinking about already announced games that I'm very likely to get this year, and I have quite a few I'm keen to buy. So I thought I'd ask you guys as well. Feel free to include games you think are/ might be coming this year if they aren't confirmed.

100% buying:

Kingdom Hearts 3 (have bought already)
Wargroove (pre-ordered already)
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
Pokémon Gen 8
F1 2019
COD (probably MW4)
Animal crossing
Crash Team Racing

Probably buying:

Fire Emblem Three Houses
Dreams
Marvel UA3

Considering:

DMC5
Skull and Bones
Anthem
Days Gone

Will buy if 2019:

TLOU2
Ghost of Tsushima

I might be forgetting a few. Last few years I've bought 15-20 new games, looks like this year will at least be close.

the-pi-guy

Games I hope to buy

2017:
Nier Automata

2018:
Spiderman
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Kingdom Hearts the Story So Far
Switch games

2019:
Kingdom Hearts 3
Sekiro

Probably:
Dreams

Future:
The Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Standing
Agent
Age of Empires IV

Probable:
Cyberpunk 2077
Half Life 3
Nioh 2
Elder Scrolls VI

Legend

I don't really have money or time so I've really lost track of what I want and what's coming out. I could easily see myself not buying a game till Winter.

Xevross

Games I hope to buy

2017:
Nier Automata

2018:
Spiderman
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Kingdom Hearts the Story So Far
Switch games

2019:
Kingdom Hearts 3
Sekiro

Probably:
Dreams

Future:
The Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Standing
Agent
Age of Empires IV

Probable:
Cyberpunk 2077
Half Life 3
Nioh 2
Elder Scrolls VI
Half Life 3. Probable. Oh you.

Cyberpunk is a great shout though, definitely getting that!

I don't really have money or time so I've really lost track of what I want and what's coming out. I could easily see myself not buying a game till Winter.

How do you live? I'd be continuously buying new single player games if I had the money  :P

Legend

Half Life 3. Probable. Oh you.

Cyberpunk is a great shout though, definitely getting that!
How do you live? I'd be continuously buying new single player games if I had the money  :P
I feel a lot of pressure to make progress and "prove" myself as a developer so I work a lot. Even when I do play games, I tend to study them and take notes to help with my own development.

BananaKing

Well my purchase of games has been heavily dependent on price and promotions these past couple of years. Also what PS+ offers.

But what I most likely will get

Days Gone
Doom eternal
Skull and Bones
Spiderman (if it's price drops)
Horizon Frozen Wilds

Maybe

Fallout 4
The division 2 (again, depends on price)
Anthem
Detroit (depends on price)

DerNebel

Jan 30, 2019, 10:25 PM Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 06:40 AM by DerNebel
How do you live? I'd be continuously buying new single player games if I had the money  :P
It's really true that the moment you start making the money to buy all these games you always wanted to buy, you stop having the time to play those games. Nowadays I can affort any game I want to buy and to be fair, I do buy a lot more games than I used to (during university I was a lot more picky and there were long stretches where I simply wouldn't get anything), however it takes me way longer to beat games, since I have to work and even after work I sometimes simply don't feel like playing something.

I still haven't beaten Dragon Quest XI. And I haven't even touched RDR2 yet, even though I have it. I paused DQXI for a couple days so I can play and hopefully beat KH3, since I have the week off. Maybe I'll even manage to finish DQXI so I can finally put that to rest and move on to RDR2.

As for the thread topic, I'm fairly likely to buy Sekiro, DMCV and Days Gone among the games that currently have a fixed 2019 date. Might go back and get Valkyria Chronicles 4 as well, that kinda got drowned out by other games last September. I still haven't gotten the Spider-Man Season Pass either.... 
Possibly Catherine Full Body, heard good things about that game and I do love me some Atlus. Maybe the Monster Hunter World Expansion even though I've kinda fallen off of that game, never really "finished" it either.

Other than that it pretty much depends on which games without release dates do happen to come out in 2019 after all. If any of TLOU2, Death Stranding or Ghost of Tsushima come out this year, then I'll likely buy those.
If whatever P5R is comes out this year, then I'll likely buy that. Same with that Granblue Fantasy game by Platinum or that Fantasy RPG by Atlus (though chances for that are pretty much 0%).

Heck maybe something that makes me use my Switch will come along, cause currently it looks like that platform will stay largely unused by me again this year. Hoping for SMTV (but not betting on it), maybe that 2D Zelda, that I've read rumblings about (even though I don't particularly like the DS/3DS Zelda look, if it's a Link's Awakening Remake then they got me) and maybe even Pokemon, though I put little trust in Gamefreak to actually pull me back in.

Basically I'm set for the first half of the year, for the second half I'm still looking for some announcements. Hoping that specifically Sony comes through with at least one of their big three.

the-pi-guy

:P lot of people don't have time or the money!  

kitler53

honestly, not much to maybe nothing.  my goal is to play some of the games i bought, was super excited for, but never played:

TLoU
gravity rush 2
horizon
Uncharted 4's DLC expansion
valkaryia chronicels 4
astro bot rescue mission
beyond 2 souls
killzone's campain (i played the hell out of the multiplayer)
(rise of) tomb raider

i do want to get:
spider man
kingdom hearts 1, 2, and 3
spyro collection
sekiro
TLoU 2
tsushima

dreams
..but i doubt i'll buy any of those this year (expect maybe spiderman).  i'll wait for sales and a backlog that is more reasonably sized.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens