Do you still have similar passions to when you were younger?

Started by Legend, Jul 14, 2018, 12:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

When I was young I didn't really care that much about space. I thought it was cool but wasn't passionent about it.  Obviously that's changed.

On the flip side, I think the only thing I've stopped being passionate about was dinosaurs. I loved them as a kid and would read every book I could about them. Nowadays I don't really care  :P

nnodley

I actually really like space when I was young, then stopped, and now I fudgy love it again!  So much cool shame.

I really liked trains when I was young too. Now not so much.

kitler53

my interests are pretty much exactly the same as when i was in high school. video games, music, dancing, and high school girls. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

From when I was very young, my interest in tractors and dinosaurs was great and so was the decline in interest.  Still interested, but not as much as before.  

I still have the same interest in games, computer, science as I had when I was younger.  

Xevross

When I was young I don't recall being passionate about anything, and that hasn't really changed. My main interest is still video games of course, I've become interested in more and more sports and movies/ movie genres as I've got older as well.

Went to Disneyland this week and I'm fully embracing the fact I fudgy love Disney now ;D

Legend

Went to Disneyland this week and I'm fully embracing the fact I fudgy love Disney now ;D
Very nice.

What was your favorite ride?

Xevross

Very nice.

What was your favorite ride?
Probably between Crush's coaster and Hyperspace mountain. Big Thunder mountain was my favourite as a kid and I still liked it a lot. My favourite non- rollercoaster ride is probably ratatouille. The illuminations and the mickey and the magician show were also fantastic.

the-pi-guy

I found a letter to myself that I wrote for a school assignment from about 10 years ago.  
My interests since then at least have been remarkably consistent.  

Legend

Probably between Crush's coaster and Hyperspace mountain. Big Thunder mountain was my favourite as a kid and I still liked it a lot. My favourite non- rollercoaster ride is probably ratatouille. The illuminations and the mickey and the magician show were also fantastic.
I was so confused till I realised you meant Paris Disney.

I've never been to the studios park so I haven't done crush's coaster or ratatouille but they look great.

Space mountain over there is soo good!!! I love the launch. When I did it it didn't have the star wars theme.

No love for dark rides like pirates?

Xevross

I was so confused till I realised you meant Paris Disney.

I've never been to the studios park so I haven't done crush's coaster or ratatouille but they look great.

Space mountain over there is soo good!!! I love the launch. When I did it it didn't have the star wars theme.

No love for dark rides like pirates?
Oh yeah I forget that the California one is called Disneyland as well. They are great!

Yeah its awesome, the star wars theming is okay, the queue has some well made droids around and there's some videos. The ride plays the star wars theme as you go round the first corner and as you're about to launch, which is really awesome. On the ride itself there's a few screens showing space battles in the slower bits but that's about it.

Pirates is good, but I'm not a huge fan of those rides that are just going round looking at sets. Pirates is one of the best of those though, as its a boat with some drops. One of my biggest disappointments from the park is the lack of a proper log flume though, Pirates is the closest but its nowhere near. Splash Mountain in florida is fantastic, one of my favourite rides there.

the-pi-guy

I've never been to Disney anything.

Xevross

Its really awesome, especially if you love Disney/ have loads of memories of watching Disney films when you were younger. They're also just great theme parks for fun rides. Take the kids some day when they're older and tall enough, they'll love it!

Legend

Oh yeah I forget that the California one is called Disneyland as well. They are great!

Yeah its awesome, the star wars theming is okay, the queue has some well made droids around and there's some videos. The ride plays the star wars theme as you go round the first corner and as you're about to launch, which is really awesome. On the ride itself there's a few screens showing space battles in the slower bits but that's about it.

Pirates is good, but I'm not a huge fan of those rides that are just going round looking at sets. Pirates is one of the best of those though, as its a boat with some drops. One of my biggest disappointments from the park is the lack of a proper log flume though, Pirates is the closest but its nowhere near. Splash Mountain in florida is fantastic, one of my favourite rides there.
I like dark rides but yeah I guess I liked them even more as a kid.

Not the biggest fan of log flume rides. I like Splash Mountain but wouldn't care for it if it lacked the sets. Didn't have the time to ride the Florida version this past trip.
Disney and Universal Studios to a lesser extent are just so cool because it's like stepping foot into different worlds.

You can have a boat ride down this river:
Image result for disneyland jungle cruise

And 5 minutes later be in colonial America:
Image result for disney world liberty square

I also really love how it's essentially like building real life video games. In fact lots of Walt Disney's concepts for Disneyland are used in open world games to make the player act like the devs want.

Also quick fun fact about the Jungle Cruise. Up until a few years ago the skippers used to carry real guns that would be loaded with blanks. Now they use fake guns.

Its really awesome, especially if you love Disney/ have loads of memories of watching Disney films when you were younger. They're also just great theme parks for fun rides. Take the kids some day when they're older and tall enough, they'll love it!
Or take the kids when they're really young and free!

Xevross

I like dark rides but yeah I guess I liked them even more as a kid.

Not the biggest fan of log flume rides. I like Splash Mountain but wouldn't care for it if it lacked the sets. Didn't have the time to ride the Florida version this past trip.Disney and Universal Studios to a lesser extent are just so cool because it's like stepping foot into different worlds.

I also really love how it's essentially like building real life video games. In fact lots of Walt Disney's concepts for Disneyland are used in open world games to make the player act like the devs want.

Also quick fun fact about the Jungle Cruise. Up until a few years ago the skippers used to carry real guns that would be loaded with blanks. Now they use fake guns.

Or take the kids when they're really young and free!
Yeah they are awesome in that way. The who scenery and set building is fantastic, really takes you out of the real world. You do kind of forget that you are still in the world, and that normal people are living normal lives just a few miles away.

Nah, the kids wouldn't remember it when they're older and it wouldn't be fun for them. They wouldn't be able to go on most rides and wouldn't enjoy much of it. I talked about this with my friends when we were there, there were just way too many really small kids/ babies crying and complaining, because the noise upset them or they were uncomfortable etc. I think its best to take them at around 8-10 years old or older, when they can appreciate what they're seeing and doing and will remember it well.

Legend

Yeah they are awesome in that way. The who scenery and set building is fantastic, really takes you out of the real world. You do kind of forget that you are still in the world, and that normal people are living normal lives just a few miles away.

Nah, the kids wouldn't remember it when they're older and it wouldn't be fun for them. They wouldn't be able to go on most rides and wouldn't enjoy much of it. I talked about this with my friends when we were there, there were just way too many really small kids/ babies crying and complaining, because the noise upset them or they were uncomfortable etc. I think its best to take them at around 8-10 years old or older, when they can appreciate what they're seeing and doing and will remember it well.
My first time going was when I was 5 and it was awesome. Animal Kingdom had just opened up and kali river rapids was soft opened. We just kept riding and riding it since there wasn't a line.

I obviously don't remember stuff from back then super well but I was definitely old enough to appreciate it and have it influence me. I wanted to grow up to be a Disney imagineer so badly!

Now my trip to Kennedy Space Center when I was 8, now that was something I wasn't old enough to appreciate  :'(