XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing single post

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It's happening. I'm telling you. Microsoft is making the moves. They are slowly making their console business fade away. It started the moment Nadella took over. The declaration that Xbox isn't important to the company. The shake ups in the division. A renewed effort towards PC gaming. Half their studios being shifted to AR and mobile development. HoloLens being their new pet project. The division being folded into others a few times now. A sharp decline in the number of new exclusives being announced for Xbox One. Look at the difference between PS4 and X1 for upcoming games:

List of Xbox One Exclusives - Gematsu

List of PS4 Exclusives - Gematsu

Even if you leave out the games not confirmed as coming West yet, the X1 is still getting demolished and Microsoft doesn't seem to be showing any signs of urgency. Nothing that makes me believe they care in the least bit that their upcoming lineup looks more barren than the Wii U's did this same time last year. heck, the Wii U right now has more upcoming retail titles. It's only a matter of time before a consensus is reached that the Xbox One "has no games" and people avoid buying it. This is not a situation that a console brand with a bright future finds itself in. This is the situation you get from a console brand that is being strangled. Nadella has already shown that he won't hesitate to cut down a division into a shadow of itself, if not eliminate it entirely, if he feels Microsoft can't ever lead the market. Just like with Windows Phones, he's not into fighting losing battles. When this generation is over, if the Xbox division is anything more than software studios making games and applications for VR/AR, mobile, and PC then I'll be shocked.
Saying XBOX lacks exclusives is pretty hyperbolic. WW definitely, but for western audiences it's not that bad.

Crackdown (Microsoft)
Gears of War 4 (Microsoft)
Halo 5: Guardians (Microsoft)
Halo Wars 2 (Microsoft)
Quantum Break (Microsoft)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
Sea of Thieves (Microsoft)
Scalebound (Microsoft)

Is still a solid list.