GOTY 2017 Voting!!!

Started by Legend, Feb 07, 2018, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Feb 07, 2018, 11:34 PM Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 04:24 PM by Legend
Please make a list of your top ten games for 2017. Order is important since the scores will be weighted. Feel free to list less than 10 games or more than 10 games, since you do you.

Also feel free to vote for games not nominated. This list is only to help you remember the games from 2017.

Nominated Games:

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Knack II
Super Mario Odyssey
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Golf Story
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Divinity Original Sin 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Assassin's Creed origins
F1 2017
Everything
Gran Turismo Sport
Dead by Daylight
PUBG
Battleborn
For honor
Mass Effect Andromeda
Nier Automata
Destiny 2
Persona 5

Additional Games:
Lawbreakers
Cuphead
Resident Evil 7
Prey
What Remains of Edith Finch
Hellblade
South Park Fractured But Whole
Metroid Samus Returns
Gravity Rush 2
Rime Hollownight
Ghost Recon
Evil Within 2

VOTES WILL BE LOCKED IN ON 2/20. POST BEFORE THEN OR ELSE YOUR VOTE CAN'T BE COUNTED.

the-pi-guy

Feb 08, 2018, 12:00 AM Last Edit: Feb 08, 2018, 12:15 AM by the-pi-guy
Knack II
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe  (does this count if I've played MK8, if not on Switch?)

Legend

Knack II
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe  (does this count if I've played MK8, if not on Switch?)

Well you can vote for games you didn't play if that's what you think deserves it.

Xevross

Knack II
Don't forget to order!

Xevross

Yay! Finally! What a year this was. So many games deserve to be GOTY but there can only be one I suppose. I'm doing reverse order for more suspense.

Honourable mentions:
GT Sport
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

10.  Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy - this is an excellent remaster of two amazing games, and one good game. It was fun and challenging and still great to play in 2017. I rated this 8.5/10

9.  Golf Story - I was looking for some fun Switch games when I saw this recommended by some people. Its fantastic, a short RPG with a great story and interesting gameplay. Really fun little indie exclusive. 8.6/10

8. F1 2017 - I'm a huge fan of f1 games, so this was always going to be up there. But this game is a very big improvement over last year in many areas, and I had a lot of fun with it. 8.8/10

7. Assassin's Creed Origins - I can't believe this is only #7. I loved this game when I was playing it. The world is incredible and the gameplay is fantastic and fresh. Side quests are by far the best ever for AC too. It was let down by a rushed/ weird story and repetitive feel after a while. 9.1/10

6. Uncharted The Lost Legacy - Possibly the most fun 6 hours I've ever had in gaming. The pacing was great, set pieces and action incredible and the story and characters excellent. If it was a full game/ kept that up for longer it would score even higher. 9.2/10

5. Divinity Orignal Sin 2 - One of the best RPGs I've ever played (and I haven't quite finished it yet). The creativity is fantastic, even if the main story is quite boring and uneventful. Gameplay is slow but very in depth and rewarding. Co-op is the reason I rate this so highly, I'm having a blast playing with a friend. 9.3/10

4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - I consider this the best Mario Kart game since DS. It has the highest number and best quality of tracks and fantastic new gameplay features. I'm happy putting this remaster up here too because of the nice Switch exclusive features like double items. 9.4/10

3. Super Mario Odyssey - this game is pure joy in video game form. The gameplay is really inventive and always fresh. Its full of surprises and constantly makes you smile. The amount of content is great too, its just a shame it has a horrible post-post game ending level and can get a bit repetitive with some moons. 9.6/10

2. Horizon Zero Dawn - I was convinced this would be my game of the year. I absolutely love it. The machines and gameplay involving them is incredible. The story is fantastic (probably my favourite video game story ever). The world is beautiful. Aloy is amazing. Its probably my favourite (new) PS4 game and it can't do much to improve in my eyes. 9.8/10

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I wasn't sure if this would be my kind of game, since its story light and all about exploration. I was tentative going into it. But oh my lord did it exceed my expectations. This game blew me away right from the start and 90 hours of playtime later it still does. The creativity in gameplay is amazing, the story is fantastic and exploration of the world is just something else. Its the only game I've played where I've enjoyed just wondering around off the beaten track, messing around and discovering things to do. Most of the problems other people have with the game I don't care about or I think they're positives. Its pretty much video game perfection, in my opinion. 10.0/10

the-pi-guy

Nintendo fanboy alert.  

/s

Dr. Pezus

Horizon
Crash
Knack 2
Divinity 2
GTS

Legend

Knack II

Horizon
Crash
Knack 2
Divinity 2
GTS
Feel free to give explanations like xev did  :P

the-pi-guy

Feel free to give explanations like xev did  :P
You calling me lazy, pardner?

Pezus is probably too busy saving lives or impersonating a doctor to write up a big post.

DerNebel

Well the winner obviously is Persona 5, good that we've cleared that up.

the-pi-guy

Knack II
Crash, Mario Kart 8(technically didn't play, but also technically did.. :P ) are the same solid games we've come to expect.  Crash especially looks amazing on the PS4.  It doesn't look like a remastered PS1 game, it looks like it'd easily fit alongside PS4 games like Knack.    

Knack II is like Knack, but better.  That's why it deserves To BE  GOAT.  

Horizon is also amazing. It's a very fast moving and fluid RPG, I would say it doesn't really have competition in that respect.  I kind of wish it was a little better.  Fighting doesn't feel as solid to me, as say Bloodborne.  That's my only real complaint about the game.  The world is amazing to explore. The gameplay is otherwise amazing.  I think there's a lot here to expand on.  

Dr. Pezus

Feel free to give explanations like xev did  :P
Too much effort with typing beibg broken for me :'(

Legend

I've been playing Nier and trying to get that finished  ::)

The only games I've played from 2017:
Nier Automata
Mass Effect Andromeda
Horizon Zero Dawn
Zelda Breath of the Wild
For Honor
Destiny 2

Really wish I had more time so I could play Rime too  ::)

Dr. Pezus

Fibished Horizon just in time (took me almost a year)

Xevross

That is poor game(ing) from both of you ^^