RAGE 2 Official Reveal Trailer for PC/XB1/PS4 (Bethesda & Avalanche Studios)

Started by the-pi-guy, May 14, 2018, 05:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Looks Mad max fury road inspired

the-pi-guy

I haven't really played the original Rage, but this looks very different .

Legend

Are they even trying with this game? Everything so far is so anti-serious.

BananaKing

Developed by avalanche. Yeah... I'll pass.

the-pi-guy

May 15, 2018, 03:16 PM Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:19 PM by the-pi-guy

RAGE 2 Official Gameplay Trailer (PC/PS4/X1; Spring 2019) | ResetEra

GameStar interview with Tom Willits translated:GameStar: Why Rage 2 now?Tim Willits: We at id and Bethesda have always loved the Rage world and the basic idea of the game. And then there was the opportunity to work with Avalanche and with it the opportunity to do what we always wanted to do.GameStar: What does the work distribution look like, what does avalanche do, what does id software do? Tim Willits: Avalanche has the bigger team. But it has never been such a "develop a game and then show it to us" opportunity between us. Rage 2 was a collaborative project from the start. I and other people at id work very closely with Avalanche to create this id-like first-person shooter action. And at Avalanche is the Open World expertise.GameStar: Do you follow the Games as a Service approach for Rage 2? Tim Willits: Yeah, we want people to play Rage 2 longer, and we think we can bring some fun stuff that makes it possible, but we'll talk about it in more detail as we move closer to the release of Rage 2.GameStar: That brings us to the next point: how do you feel about Lootboxes in Rage 2? Tim Willits: We will not have any Lootboxes, I can say that for sure. We have this novel approach: You buy the game and then you play it. (laughs)  

BananaKing

Why did they chose avalanche for this??? This looks pretty good but avalanche open world design sucks in terms of content and exploration.

Ughh. I liked that GamePlay trailer and I like the look of the game. (It screams Doom but open world). I'll have to wait till release to decide on this one

Legend

Why did they chose avalanche for this??? This looks pretty good but avalanche open world design sucks in terms of content and exploration.

Ughh. I liked that GamePlay trailer and I like the look of the game. (It screams Doom but open world). I'll have to wait till release to decide on this one
Avalanche made the last mad max game and this seems like an upgraded version of that.

It looks surprisingly good imo. Wonder if Borderlands 3 will outshine it or look lazy compared to it.

BananaKing

Avalanche made the last mad max game and this seems like an upgraded version of that.

It looks surprisingly good imo. Wonder if Borderlands 3 will outshine it or look lazy compared to it.
Mad Max was a huge disappointment. And i was really excited for it.

I hope ID and Bathesda influenced this a lot and steered avalanche in the right direction. Because honestly rhe gameplay trailer looked great

Ludicrous Speed

Open world Doom, yes please.

Dr. Pezus

Just cause tho??

BananaKing

Just cause tho??
Boring and repetitive with no imagination what so ever

Dr. Pezus

Boring and repetitive with no imagination what so ever
Wrong!