November 2016 NPD Results PS4 #1

Started by Xevross, Dec 08, 2016, 09:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Dec 08, 2016, 09:50 PM Last Edit: Dec 09, 2016, 01:37 AM by the-pi-guy
PR will be out very soon! We might not get any numbers this month but fingers crossed anyway.

Last minute predictions?

Hardware Results:
PS4 -
XB1 - 
Wii U -
PS3 -
PSV -
3DS -
PSVR -

Software Top 10

Last Month
PS4  0.235M
XB1 0.329M

Last Year

PS4 1.539M
XB1 1.296M
WiiU 0.240M

Last Month Last Year
PS4 0.28M
XB1 0.3M
Wii U 0.07M

PR Statements:

Archive:
2016: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct
2015: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2014:                     Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

Legend

I bet XBO will be somewhat close to PS4.

Xevross

I bet XBO will be somewhat close to PS4.
I think there will be a fairly big gap. If not its a good result for MS.

In the UK, PS4 was flat YOY while XB1 was down by a fair margin. I bet it will be a similar situation here.

I'm gonna say PS4 1.51m and XB1 1.14m

ethomaz

[3DS] 550K
[PS4] 1600K
[WIU] 200K
[XB1] 1300K

[PRO] 500K

Aura7541

I think it'll be close. I know that the market trends in the US and UK are very similar, but the PS4 had better deals in the UK.

Xevross

MS PR:

We have seen strong momentum for Xbox One since announcing the new Xbox One S at E3 in June. That momentum continued in November as gaming consoles were once again among the most sought-after products to buy over Black Friday weekend. In addition, we saw record engagement among Xbox One owners on Xbox Live as fans enjoyed new games and great deals. In fact, the total players online on Sunday, Nov. 27 was up 40 percent compared to last year. If you missed the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, we are pleased to be extending our $50 off offer on all Xbox One S consoles for a limited time starting Dec. 11 at participating U.S. retailers. And if you're looking to pair your new Xbox One S with a brand new 4K TV, we're partnering with many leading retailers, including Best Buy, where you can save $150 and get a free Xbox Wireless Controller when you buy an Xbox One S with select 4K TVs.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Aura7541

Xevross

NPD Group: Xbox One's Victory Streak Ends With PS4 Winning November 2016
They jump to a conclusion from the PR but its pretty obvious that PS4 is #1.

Still, I'll wait until its confirmed

DerNebel

I really don't know why some people got it into their heads that MS could win this month.

Mmm_fish_tacos

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  November 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, December 6th

Well, at least Microsoft won most of the NPDs this year.

Quick, someone remind me. How many months are in a year?

Aura7541

Mmm_fish_tacos

He was referencing a joke from another thread.
Oh, i thought it was the same guy. so the first time it was said was a joke too?

Aura7541

Oh, i thought it was the same guy. so the first time it was said was a joke too?
Nope. The first time, someone genuinely though the XBO won most of the NPD months this year on the PS4 50m sales thread.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016

MS has won most of the NPDs this year. Do you think they caught up?

Legend

So XBO probably lost and is probably down YOY.

The age of MS is over.

Go Up