Wii U verse XBOX 1: which will win in lifetime sales?

Started by Legend, Aug 22, 2014, 05:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

All references to Xbox One | The All-in-one Entertainment System from Xbox, or like 8 different types of references at least change to "that."
We like to have fun here.

You mean you like to mock xbox here

No one is mocking xbox, it was done to stop terms that could be taken offensively. I didn't even realise it had been changed to more references though, because I have the filter turned off.

@Legend, I don't think its a good idea to change everything xbox one into that!

Welcome by the way :D

Slayer

I'm thinking that Xbox One will beat WiiU. Xbox has become a big brand now and isn't going to slump to very poor sales. Also, the WiiU is barely beating XB1 weekly when its had one more year on the market (closer to peak) and has just released the biggest game it will ever get. Xb1 has much more room for price cuts to increase sales and it has yet to receive and of its biggest hitters. I think XB1 could end up doubling WiiU

This guy gets it!

Maybe I'll end up sticking around. We can fight the fight together.

Xevross

I'm thinking that Xbox One will beat WiiU. Xbox has become a big brand now and isn't going to slump to very poor sales. Also, the WiiU is barely beating XB1 weekly when its had one more year on the market (closer to peak) and has just released the biggest game it will ever get. Xb1 has much more room for price cuts to increase sales and it has yet to receive and of its biggest hitters. I think XB1 could end up doubling WiiU

This guy gets it!

Maybe I'll end up sticking around. We can fight the fight together.

:) Xb1 is going to do better than these guys think! Also, you know you can quote messages, right?

Slayer

:) Xb1 is going to do better than these guys think! Also, you know you can quote messages, right?

How?

the-pi-guy

Didn't know we were fighting.  :( 

Really though, I expect
75 million - XBO
35 million - Wii U

Think the Wii U will do better than I would otherwise expect. 

Xevross

Didn't know we were fighting.  :( 

Really though, I expect
75 million - XBO
35 million - Wii U

Think the Wii U will do better than I would otherwise expect.

That's very optimistic for both.

I'm thinking

45 million XBO
20 million WiiU

the-pi-guy

How?

Click quote button in the top right corner of a post. 

7H3

"globally in the US " nice one Pi :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

I will explain better why I think Xbox One won't outsell Wii U... three key points:

1. Weakly basis I expect both to be on pair with one or other selling 10k different each other.

2. First-party games will give a big boost on Wii U hardware than Xbox One.

3. Wii U will reach mass market price point soon... Xbox One not.

Silverf0x

I expect XB1 to outsell Wii U if only because it'll have longer legs. The question for me is how much it will outsell Wii U by...
The only thing to fear is fear incarnated as a Japanese schoolgirl.

Max King of the Wild

Xbox easily. Wii U overtracked. Third party will give Xbox an insane amount of exclusives compared to wii u (yes that's spin).

Dr. Pezus

X360 had a headstart too but lost because PlayStation had/has the better games, WiiU has the headstart but also has/will have the better games if you ask me.

The 360 was at over 10 million two years after release and the PS3 was at half that after release. That was a huge difference in sales, and the PS3 came around to tie it in the end.

Now we have Xbox one already tied with wii u after just a year, and you think it's going to magically stop outselling it? No. Xbox is going to dominate.

Already tied? There's like a 2m gap and One is now being outsold on a weekly basis by WiiU despite a price cut

Dr. Pezus

On topic: I do expect Xbox One to eventually overtake WiiU. I expect Nintendo to drop virtually all support for WiiU as early as the first half of 2016 while MS will support Xbox One for a lot longer (although they will definitely release the next xbox faster than they did the One).

Lifetime sales:

WiiU - 20m
Xbox One - 40m

Slayer

Click quote button in the top right corner of a post. 

thanks

Slayer

I will explain better why I think Xbox One won't outsell Wii U... three key points:

1. Weakly basis I expect both to be on pair with one or other selling 10k different each other.

2. First-party games will give a big boost on Wii U hardware than Xbox One.

3. Wii U will reach mass market price point soon... Xbox One not.

xbox one is at 5-6 in a bit less than a year. Wii u is at 6-7 in a bit less than two years. Xbox is doubling wii. not selling within 10k of it

Halo, Gears of War, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Fable, Forza, Crackdown, etc. shame on smash and zelda both in quality and sales. Why would you think Wii would get the bigger boost?

Wii U launched at a mass market price. Didnt do shame. Meanwhile xbox one is $400 and still doubling wii sales. Once it hits $349 this holiday it will slaughter.

Go Up