The price, the value and the perception

Started by daredevil.shark, Aug 21, 2014, 06:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

daredevil.shark

I hope this is the perfect place to crate this thread.

Hello everyone. I was thinking to make a thread in which we can discuss about a games value compared to price. Some games are so awesome, so addictive and has so many options that it exceeds our exceptions. We sometimes say, this $60 game gave me $100 game experience. I think you get the idea.

Rules:

1. It can be an unreleased game or released game. But I am using unreleased ones.

2. Platforms doesnt matter. But please do mention them.

3. $10 game or $60 doesnt matter. But release day price should be mentioned for proper comparison.

4. A 2 hour game also can be mentioned if it can delight you. The thing is how much will you be satisfied. It depends on you.

So here is my list.

1. The Witcher 3 ($60) - $230 in PS4. $400+ in PC due to mod.

2. The order 1886 ($60) - PS4 $50.

3. Bloodborne ($60) - PS4 $130.

4. Sunset overdrive ($60) - Xbox One $80.
Greatness awaits #4theplayers

Legend

Moved to gaming community.

News threads are for telling people things: ie news, while community threads are for asking people things.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm kinda interesting because I don't really like long games. After about 20 hours I'm done with it for a while.

1. Uncharted 4($60) - PS4 ($800) : I payed $350 to get a Vita one week early, just because it had Uncharted: GA as a launch title. If I literally payed $400 just to play a hand-held spinoff of the franchise, then I'd definitely value the 4th installment really high.

2. Super Smash Bros Wii U ($60)- Wii U($100) : Smash is just one of those games that never gets old. "Hey wanna play a game? Yeah let's do smash!"

3. Order ($60) - PS4($60) : It seems to be all eye candy but I know I'll buy it day one.

4. DriveClub ($60)-PS4($40) : I just know I'll get board of it quick and not really play that much of it.

5. Destiny ($60)-PS4($10) : Zero hype for the game.

ethomaz

If I understand you want that we give a subjective price for a game that overvalued or undervalued?

Well I don't think any game should cost more than $60 (except LE with some kind of physical item/cover)... so I my view I won't ever say a game delivered more than $60 to me even with DLCs included (for me DLC a month after the game released is battleship... this content should be day one without any addiction cost... in disc DLC is something I will never understand).

Said that some game undervalued for me so I guess it don't cost the full price it was sold.

One example is Tomb Raider DE on PS4/Xbox One... this game should be $40 because it didn't added anything over the previous experience... same for TLOU that should cost $40.

Ground Zeroes is a $20 game... and not a $40 like it was launched.

Well I can say others example but that is what I think.

Dr. Pezus

1. Minecraft ($15) - $100. Played it a lot when it was "newer", spent entire nights on it even.
2. Dota 2 ($0) - $500. The ultimate game
3. Borderlands 2 ($60) - $80. Lots of content and fun game.
4. MGS: GZ ($40) - $20. Great stuff in here but too little of it.

Silverf0x

Minecraft - I got it back in late 2010 when it was still new and $10. For the base game, the price is about right. Mods, however, drive up the value exponentially. A full-price game and then some.
Skyrim - Like Minecraft, mods make a world of difference. A better UI, revamped combat and progression, and bug fixes can make it worth much more than the $30 I spent on it.
Xenoblade Chronicles - Bought it on day 1 for $50. Didn't need mods to be worth every penny. I'd pay $100 for a HD version, though (or emulate it, but I need a new comp first).
The only thing to fear is fear incarnated as a Japanese schoolgirl.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Persona 4 Golden: (40) 80 dollars, I would have easily played twice the asking price. I had a lot of fun with it and probably the best RPG i've played in a long while.

GT5 (60 + 450 fantech wheel) Well worth the asking price and wheel combined. I can't tell you how many hours i've spent on this game, plus i'm alway in the top 200 during the academy events.

COD Mw1, MW2, BO1 & 2 ( 240) yeah, the internet love to hate this game but i've got countless hours in these 4 over years of play time. Worth the asking price and maybe a few DLC map packs too.

darkknightkryta

I actually review games based on whether its worth the money. 

Dr. Pezus

How would you review games on Steam then? :P

Silverf0x

I actually review games based on whether its worth the money.

"This game is free-to-play." 10/10

the-pi-guy

"This game is free-to-play." 10/10

Nah.  "Free to play, but it is so bad they should have paid me to play it."

Silverf0x

Nah.  "Free to play, but it is so bad they should have paid me to play it."

Become a professional game reviewer. Problem solved.

darkknightkryta

Aug 22, 2014, 03:06 AM Last Edit: Aug 22, 2014, 03:09 AM by darkknightkryta

How would you review games on Steam then? :P

"This game is worth the 3 dollars you'll get it on steam.  No more."

Which is normally mediocre to below average.

"This game is worth the 3 dollars that you'll find it on steam sale.  Definitely worth it."

Which is normally a really good arcade like game you'll play once and then never again.

"This game isn't even worth free"

A game so bad it's not worth even getting for free/pirating.

"It was free, it's at least worth checking out"

Speaks for itself

"This game is awesome!  I can't believe its free, go get it now or else I'll kill you and steal your cat"

This game should be charged money.

Dr. Pezus

"This game is worth the 3 dollars you'll get it on steam.  No more."

Which is normally mediocre to below average.

"This game is worth the 3 dollars that you'll find it on steam sale.  Definitely worth it."

Which is normally a really good arcade like game you'll play once and then never again.

"This game isn't even worth free"

A game so bad it's not worth even getting for free/pirating.

"It was free, it's at least worth checking out"

Speaks for itself

"This game is awesome!  I can't believe its free, go get it now or else I'll kill you and steal your cat"

This game should be charged money.

What if it's something like Portal 2 or Metro: LL for less than $5? :P

Legend

Lol I had a dream about this. Gosh I was on some strange tourist trip and there was a convo about this.